• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. xixtomxix

Eagle And Tun Pub

As of today. 25/05/2020 Tom Tom
  2. xixtomxix

Hare and Hounds, Kingstanding

Bump.. :joy: I've been watching this for a while now, and a few weeks ago I noticed the gates had no lock on them, so today I went and had a nose after work!
  3. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Hi all, I passed! I am now a fully qualified driver! Thank you everyone for your support and kind comments Tom
  4. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Morning all, I passed! Final test on the 26th then I'm fully qualified! Tom
  5. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Thank's everyone! I still have one more test which is next Monday and it basically tests you on the daily occurrences of bus driving... should be fine! and a days classroom work on the 26th then I'm all set! Can't wait! Tom
  6. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Thanks, have my PCV test at the end of the month. 2/3 years is a good target. Should get a custom destination blind printed for your 80th Tim! Tom
  7. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Ahh, the better the job the better the end result I say! I will be away for that weekend in October unfortunately. Great advice Tim, I have another vehicle lined up for preservation, by the time it is withdrawn in a few years I'm pretty sure I'll have the money to buy and care for it! It is a...
  8. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Excellent! Was the exhaust that bad?! I thought it was just the silencer!
  9. xixtomxix

Showbus

You'll have to think of your own caption :):)
  10. xixtomxix

Showbus

Evening all, got a couple of pics up from the event. More to be uploaded soon! https://www.flickr.com/photos/36801440@N05/
  11. xixtomxix

Severn valley railway.

Courtesy of my Mother :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eOcatNM9fA Tom
  12. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Hi all, does anyone know where I can get hold of some original blinds for 805? (apart from getting some new ones made) Thanks in advance Tom
  13. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Hi James, thank's for the info! I'm suprised they escaped scrapping!
  14. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Yeah:D, Youtube vid ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reuwurc_I14 Tom
  15. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Thank's Bill. KDZ 5805 was towed to it's new home this morning https://10.fpic.co.uk/c1919460.html The Destination on the blind's is a hint to where it is parked! Youtube video coming soon:) Tom
  16. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Thank's John. There's plenty of us young ones who moan about saving buses from the scrap man but verry little of those young ones actually do something, Preserving and Restoring is something I've wanted to do for a while. I'm not loaded but I am trying to do as much as I can by my self. I will...
  17. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Thank's Chris :)
  18. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Re: help wanted please.. Haha. I must have misread it as University Buses :rolleyes: Can't believe it was in Greater Manchester! I wonder if it has ever passed G408 OGD (Last MCW Metrobus built) On another note, there will be a BHF sticker on the rear window in 2 weeks when I get my money...
  19. xixtomxix

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Re: help wanted please.. Hi Thylacine, all I know is that KDZ 5805 has had 9 previous owners. I can only remember it being owned by WMT, University Buses, a Preservationist and Midland Rider. It's going nowhere now I own it :)
  20. xixtomxix

Welcome son...

Thanks again everyone, also, I will not be swearing on the Forum as I know what damage mom can do with those Hammers :D Tom
Back