• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. castalla

Cemetery Plot Help

Was wondering if anybody if they have the time could help me out. I don't live in the UK but when i next come over i want to save sometime. I have found (via City Bereavement Services web page) that some of my relatives are buried in Brandwood Cemetery, i have tried to contact them but have...
  2. castalla

Squadrons

Wife just got her fathers service records from when he served in WW2 RAF, having some difficulty understanding abbreviations and Squadrons if anybody can help please Records show some of the things we don't understand sure we will be back for more help please 1942 AC2 /1 AIR CREWMAN 2 /...
  3. castalla

Ward

Seeking any info on Florance B Ward. Married in 1945 to Timothy Pearse Flynn my uncle (from Cork Ireland). 1955 Electrol Roll lived at 509 Alum Rock Road. Timothy lived here unti his death in 1986, i have no knowledge of his wife, and her family no DOB Parents etc. Looking to obtain their...
  4. castalla

Adrian Cottages

My Grandfather and his family lived in Adrian Cottage´s , in Kings Heath (just off the high street) has anybody, got any photos please
  5. castalla

Pendeen Road Yardley Wood - Highbury road Kinga Heath

Looking for any photos memorys , storys. people from 1926 to about 1978 of 18 Pendeen road road Yardley Wood where my Grandparents / Mother lived Breakwell family Denis Grandad worked at petroñl station by Valley pub & Mosley road swimming baths & Cadburyds, also i am led to beleive was...
  6. castalla

Unidentifided person

I have this pic of my Grandfather Denis Breakwell of Kings Heath, he served in WW1 Cycle regiment and West Riding Reg. This photo shows Denis standing and unknown friend sat, anybody recognize him sorry not very clear
  7. castalla

Ladywood

Can anybody help please looking for any information with regards to Brasshouse Passage Ladywood (where it was photos etc) long long relatives lived here thanks in advance
  8. castalla

Kings Heath

I have found out that my Grandfather lived in Adrain Cottage Kings Heath 1901 Census, has anybody any idea where this was obvisually not there anymore
  9. castalla

Cycle Regiment or Norh Yorkshire Uniform

Photo of my GrandfUather Denis W Breakwell Lived at 24 Grange Road Kings Heath.This Photo taken between 1914 & 1918 in the uniform of either the Army Cycle Regiment or North Yorkshire Regiment how a brummy ended up in a yorkshire regiment can´t find out as he lived and worked all his life in...
Back