• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. castalla

Mystery Pub The Castle Inn, Castle Bromwich...

Me and my Dad used to go there sometimes on a Sunday morning to get fresh bread (late sixtys ), then i think it shut on a Sunday then we used to go to Station Road Stechford by Parkinsons factory to get our bread
  2. castalla

Southalls factory

Hi Colinstark, did you know my Uncle Tim Flynn he drank in the Brookhill Pub, Cork man wore a trillby and sometimes a red Carnation used to live across the road. from the pub
  3. castalla

Ermington Crescent 1940s-1950s

I did not live here but a friend of mine lived across the road at number 108 i think, if i remember his name was Paul Davies
  4. castalla

'Old' Yardley Wood School

Thank you for that it was just a outside chance, most of theses people are no longer with us i'm afraid
  5. castalla

Yardley Wood

Not knowing how old your Mother- in Law is does she remember the Breakwells at number 18 Denis, Gladys and there children Betty, June and David my mom Betty would of been 23 in 1949
  6. castalla

Scouts Cubs Boys Brigade Girl Guides Brownies

I used to go to the Scouts in First Farm Drive Castle Brom think it was held in the Firs school, cant remember anything about it now, anybody remember going there ¿ would of been 1964/ 65 ish
  7. castalla

'Old' Yardley Wood School

Ivor do you remember my Grandparents by any chance Breakwell (Gladys and Dennis son David, daughters Betty and June) they lived at number 18
  8. castalla

Cemetery Plot Help

Was wondering if anybody if they have the time could help me out. I don't live in the UK but when i next come over i want to save sometime. I have found (via City Bereavement Services web page) that some of my relatives are buried in Brandwood Cemetery, i have tried to contact them but have...
  9. castalla

Erdington Market Closing Down.

Dont live in Brum for a long time now but sad to see another piece if Historygoing
  10. castalla

Where did you live

I also drove the 66 and based at Hockley and the city to Oxhill road route think it was the 76
  11. castalla

DD Franklin

Thank you all for your answers thought it was maybe a shop or similar.
  12. castalla

Somme

My Grandad was in the West Riding Regiment and he was from Birmingham
  13. castalla

Service Numbers

Thank you for this
  14. castalla

Service Numbers

Denis Breakwell
  15. castalla

Squadrons

Wife just got her fathers service records from when he served in WW2 RAF, having some difficulty understanding abbreviations and Squadrons if anybody can help please Records show some of the things we don't understand sure we will be back for more help please 1942 AC2 /1 AIR CREWMAN 2 /...
  16. castalla

Anybody Recognise this Uniform / Regiment etc please WW2

Thought i would put on Army and RAF Threads as one or the other may not know the uniforms
  17. castalla

Florance Flynn Nee Ward

Thank you so much for this Alberta
  18. castalla

Castle Bromwich Buses pre 1950

Thanks for that, i was only about 14 when she retired and recognise her face, or convincing myself i do, i only remember one other female clippy (there was more ) small lady with glasses somebody either put a pic or told us her name somewhere on this forum
  19. castalla

Castle Bromwich Buses pre 1950

Nice to see newpaper clipping
Back