• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Smethwick

It is all still there.
  2. M

Smethwick

It could have been Victoria Park, next to the Council House,that's a big building. Did you cross a road by a Post office and a couple of shops?
  3. M

Smethwick

It's now going to be the home of the new Sandwell Aquatic Centre.
  4. M

Smethwick

Yes I remember Glovers sweet shop.U sed to think she was a witch with her long fingernails ,dirty hands and grey whispy hair!It didn't stop us buying sweets from there though. I remember Carol's just up from there and the Coop on the opposite corner.I lived in Manor Road .
  5. M

Smethwick

This was where my Father was born. It was knocked down before I ever got to see it. ( Wills Street ). Thankyou
  6. M

Smethwick

Hi Maria, I have a friend that attends Holy Trinity Church Smethwick and is part of a team that do a lot of work there. I have asked her to see what she can find out about tour relations. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear anything. Carol.
  7. M

Smethwick

Hi Astonian, My father also worked at Avery at the beginning of WW2 and his surname, my maiden name, is Smart. Also my Granny Smart's maiden name was Hughes , May Hughes.
  8. M

Smethwick

Hi Jonathan2, I remember the Crown pub, my uncle had his wedding reception there.The Swan has gone too. What years were you at Holly Lodge? I was there 65-70.
  9. M

Smethwick

Hello Striver, how am ya? :) I too was born and bred in Smethwick and have never seen myself as a Brummie. I was born in Smethwick,41 , Staffordshire, then it got changed to Warley Worcestershire and then to Warley West Midlands and finally Sandwell without moving house! Except for the B67/68...
Back