• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Simon4130

How Good Is It - Tony Iommi

Tony who is a proud Brummie from Aston and of course the guitarist of legendary group Black Sabbath composed this wonderful piece for the Birmingham Cathedral Choir. Something a bit different from the man who invented heavy metal. He has recently revealed that his cancer is in remission and I...
  2. Simon4130

Wmpte 30th Anniversary Of De-regulation

This Sunday, 9th October, the Transport Museum Wythall are holding an event to mark 30 years since the bus service was deregulated and WMPTE became West Midlands Travel. The fleet was reduced in size and some garages closed while at the same time other operators were allowed to apply to operate...
  3. Simon4130

Why Birmingham? Simon 4130

A lot of folk will probably wonder how or why somebody with no obvious connections to Birmingham became so interested in the city. Very recently I have come across a distant family connection going back to my Great Grandfather’s sister but I will save that for another post. That side of my...
  4. Simon4130

The end - 60 years ago

Today marks the 60th anniversary of the end of the Birmingham trams. On 4th July 1953 the last three routes, known as the "Lichfield Road" services finished up. The last services were: 2 Steelhouse Lane to Erdington 78 Steelhouse Lane to Short Heath 79 Steelhouse Lane to...
  5. Simon4130

Book: Birmingham Buses Route by Route 1925-1975

I finally got my copy of this last weekend. It covers the history of the bus services then explores each route and the buses that served on them starting from 1 upwards. Lots of photos both colour and black and white from all around the city. While it concentrates mainly on Birmingham CT it also...
  6. Simon4130

Get well Tony Iommi

Black Sabbath have released a statement today in which they revealed that Tony Iommi their legendary guitarist and inventor of the heavy metal riff has been diagnosed with lymphoma and is discussing treatment with doctors. Although caught in it's early stages this is a serious illness and we are...
Back