• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

lordswood maternaty hospital

Hi, does anyone have any info or even pics on this maternity hospital in lordswood road harborne, would realy appreiciate it thankyou :)
  2. P

Bogarts

hi, does anyone remember this pub?, i went there in 79/80 with my friend Joanne Eaton who sadly tragicly died not long after then, we were thrown out as my friend decided to put er finger up at the bouncer lol great pub, when we could smoke n let our hair down n booze was cheap, if anyone has...
  3. P

ocearna hurst street

hi, has anyone got photos please also what was the name of the nightclub before it became ocearna?? would like photos of either pub awww hope someone can help me on this!!
  4. P

zanzibar hurst street

hi, does anyone remember this pub it was on hurst street opposite barracuda a few years back! has anyone got any pictures of this pub/club please? would love to see them please
  5. P

Fox And Grapes city centre

Hi, im wondering if this is the pub i went in,in the late 70`s early 80`s, was it a hang out for bikers of that time??, did the side street on the left of the pub go up a hill??, anyone with info or pictures pleaseee
  6. P

Rebecca`s nightclub Hagley road

Hi, anyone remember this nightclub in the 70`s/80`s, changed it`s name after to Liberty`s, i used to walk it there as i only lived in Harborne a couple mile away, i was yes a Poser at that time, all the Bowie and Roxy music songs hey?? if anyone with a picture when it was Rebecca`s please post...
  7. P

The Royalty Smethwick

Hi, does anyone remeber the royalty bingo hall in cape hill smethwick, my nan went there to play bingo years ago during the 70`s,i remeber the houses oppositte there, also the market next door, sold chickens for £1 each any pictures or info i would love to see:)
  8. P

Raleigh tysley

Hi, does anyone remeber this factory in tysley birmingham??, is it still there?? i remember it been there in the 80`s dont know how long it was there previously any info or pictures pleaseeee:)
  9. P

Swan factory bham

Hi, all was this facory in aston?? please, i remeber you could by b graded swan items that was not good enough to be sold as perfect, dont know if its still in aston anyone got info on this please:)
  10. P

Bogarts City Centre

Hi, does anyone remeber this pub? i remeber there was Bogarts and The Beer Kellar in the same building, i think Bogarts was upstairs and The Beer Kellar downstairs!! anyone got any info/pictures??? would love to hear from you:), what great nights we had in those days:rolleyes::D
  11. P

The Breedon Cross

Hi, i remeber goin to this pub as my friend used to drink there in the late 70s early 80`s, its situated on the corner of Lifford lane on the Pershore road down the road from Cottridge ,sadly its no longer there but the memories live on!! the pub was used by many bikers around that time,if...
  12. P

city centre pub!

Hi, i visited a pub in the early 80`s what was up in the city centre, i only have vague memories of this pub, all i know is its on a corner of a side road,the side road i think was a bit of a hill.the pub was used by many bikers, also i think it was not far from New st station, someone sugested...
  13. P

The White Horse pub harborne

Hi, would love some info/pictures of this pub in harborne:)
  14. P

The Golden Cross pub harborne

Hiya folks, would like to hear from anyone with info or old pictures of this well known pub in Harborne, i remeber it well as a child, as i grew up in harborne from the 60`s up untill the early 80`s:)
  15. P

Albany road Harborne

Hi, was there a large house on this road which belonged to a doctor? which was later condemmed i think any pictures or info pleaseeee
  16. P

harborne junior/infant school

Hi, i went here as a child, after school finished they used to have a club,and also brownies, which i went to at the school, i remeber across the road we went to sat school does anyone remeber this or remeber a building been there that was used for this could of been a little further up the road...
  17. P

corner shop North road Harborne

Hi, this was my local shop when i was growing up as i lived a min away, it was situated on the corner of North road and Gordon road, the shop changed hands a few times, a couple of my mom n dads friends had it there names where Silvia n Allan, early 70`s i guess,then after a man named Alex had...
  18. P

The Old House At Home Harborne

Hi, as anyone got any old pictures of this pub situated on the Lordswood road in Harborne, i was a regular in 1998, dont realy no the age of this pub,but they had a refurb and it didnt feel the same, we had a number of wild nights in there:)
  19. P

The Stores harborne

Hi, i remeber the stores pub in harborne high st i was a regular there in the late 70`s i new alot of people that went in there, as they were mainly regulars and lived in the area any pics i would love to see:)
  20. P

The Plough Harborne

Hi, as anyone got a picture of the plough as it was, was it on the corner of Grays road?? i remeber it been a very small pub
Back