• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

Meatyard Sidney Harold 1868 - 1947

I am researching the Meatyard/Meteyard family. Sidney's second wife was my husband's first cousin twice removed Kate Muriel Mason Eadie. I know that it's a long shot but I'm wondering if anyone on here actually knew him. There isn't much information about him; indeed he may have intentionally...
  2. L

Cateswell Cottage(s) Green Lane & Cateswell Road, Hall Green

Good Evening All. A friend and I are trying to find out more about Harry Longfield who on his marriage cert to my friend's Great Aunt Mary Kathleen Powell in Aston in 1916 was shown as living at Cateswell Cottage in Green Lane Hall Green. We have no idea if this was a family home or if he was a...
  3. L

Walker's Street Guide of Birmingham

Hope it's okay to post on this set of threads. Not Walkers as I put but Wakelin's. Today I came across a copy of this little book from 1942. It was published by FH Wakelin Ltd. 354 Wheeler Street, Birmingham 19 and cost 3d. It gives the location of the road/street in relation to what road it...
Back