• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. TOPSYTURVEY

Heaton St Hockley

This Picture was from an old article that was published in The Bham Evening Mail also captioned as being Heaton St Hockley.
  2. TOPSYTURVEY

Home Guard

Hi All i am posting this Photo for a friend Margaret Fry it is of her father Victor Fry .It is taken outside the Clifton Picturehouse on the Walsall Rd I think it was taken around 1942/3 Her Dad is in the back row first one on the right side in uniform.
  3. TOPSYTURVEY

Lozells Girls School

Another Photo has cropped up Lyn belonging to Margaret Fry and with her permission i said i would post it on here. She said it was photo of a school trip to the Lake District from Lozells Secondary girls 1964. Different years were on this trip so not one specific class.
  4. TOPSYTURVEY

Harry lucas school

Lovely to see a pic of the school . I didnt go there but used to go to Play Centre a couple of nights a week . Not sure if this pic has been on before of the football team which shows Frankie Lambert at the back left next to teacher. Trevor Goody ( my bro in law holding the ball).
  5. TOPSYTURVEY

Clifton Road Aston

Yes it was a very scary time when we were kids Lyn . The police also did a search of our entry and backyard when we lived in Clifford St
  6. TOPSYTURVEY

Clifton Road Aston

Not sure if this pic has been on before it was taken from the Bham Mail some time back. Sadly it was of Margaret Reynolds funeral in 1966.
  7. TOPSYTURVEY

Newtown shopping centre

I can remember there being a Poxons and Walter Smiths.
  8. TOPSYTURVEY

Harry Clark Family History

I lived at 176 Clifford St Lozells. Our house was situated between Lozells St and Burbury St.
  9. TOPSYTURVEY

Summer Lane Pubs

Wasnt that the Man O War Astonian ?
  10. TOPSYTURVEY

Summer Lane

Thanks Mike for the info........ That would would be nice if that were to happen Lyn xx
  11. TOPSYTURVEY

Summer Lane

Just posting these couple of pics for my friend. She came across this grave at Witton Cemetery today. I thought you might find interesting
  12. TOPSYTURVEY

Doctors

Our old Dr was Dr Hamilton in the 50s. It was on Summer Lane . There used to be a family who lived above the Surgery.
  13. TOPSYTURVEY

Wheeler Street lozells

Fabulous pics Lyn they bring back so many memories. Hubby lived directly opposite Manor Garage #205.
  14. TOPSYTURVEY

Little king st hockley

Thanks Brian at first i thought of the 69 . I had forgotten about all the Lucas buses. .
  15. TOPSYTURVEY

Little king st hockley

Some more great pics Lyn......I wonder what number bus that would have been on the last photo? #3
  16. TOPSYTURVEY

Request from Lyndaly re Hockley brook.

I saw this article also from Kenyon St Police Station..... The Hockley Brook DisasterThe year 1920 was the occasion of the Hockley Brook disaster in Birmingham. This brook, which rises in Warley Woods and flows into the Tame at Bromford, ran through the Hockley area. Hockley at this time was a...
  17. TOPSYTURVEY

Harry lucas school

Another Great pic Lyn. I used to go to Playcentre there for a couple hours in the evening in the early 60s. Friends Hall was more or less opposite and went to The Band of Hope there also.
  18. TOPSYTURVEY

tidy up please

Lovely photos.
  19. TOPSYTURVEY

Farm Street Hockley

I also remember that lady Lyn when i was a child. I am sure my Mom used to call her Dolly. Somewhere opposite St Mathias School.
  20. TOPSYTURVEY

Farm Street Hockley

Great photos Lyn .The last pic #204 was Farm St Day Nursery my sister worked there late 60s and i did 1970 it later became Gee St Day Nursery. The last but one pic i think you can just see The Birmingham House pub on the left of the pic and a little further along looks like Mrs Atkins shop on...
Back