• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. I

Jewellers Birmingham early 19th century apprenticeships

Hi Could anyone tell me if they know if apprenticeships were served for the jewellery industry in early 19th century and if so where I would find them. My 3 x great grandfather Thomas Upton was a jeweller in Birmingham. Found him in the 1839 Robson's London and Birmingham - Part 2 in 3 Lower...
  2. I

Stanbra Thomas military funeral

My g.g.g.grandfather Thomas Stanbra b.1819 Fenny Compton, Warks. died 6 September 1876 and apparantly buried in Handsworth church yard. I have been told he had a military funeral on a horse drawn gun carriage. A distant cousin has sent me an old cutting but with no information about where she...
  3. I

9th Battalion Worcestershire Regiment Albert Frederick Rabbitt died Mesopotamia 1916

Hi Just found a relative who was killed in action during WW1 in north africa. Albert Frederick Rabbitt (14113)(Sergeant) died 19.4.1916 - 9th battalion Worcestershire Regiment. The commonwealth war graves commission state that he is on a memorial in Basra (obviosuly cant visit there) but how do...
  4. I

52 St Luke’s Road 1911, The Grand Turk

Hi My great grandfather and grandfather lived at this address ( 52 St Luke’s Road) in 1911 census. I think it was a pub could someone have a look and see if the name of the pub is available? Not sure what other details can be found in the Trade directories but any information would be new to...
Back