• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. pudding

The Flag

Hi all, I was in discussion with an old gentleman a little while back about the old pubs around Nechells area he said to me there was once a pub on the corner of Railway Terrace and High Park street by the name of The Flag? myself as a child 1960's can only seem to recall a boarded up old...
  2. pudding

October 2015 edition #175 Mikejee’s article

Mike has written a great article with his photos in Chinn's Brumagem magazine (October issue number 175) a good read well done Mike.
  3. pudding

Park Location

Hi all, can anybody say where about this park was in Nechells as it looks far too big to be Eliot street park I can see it is not Mount street park.
  4. pudding

Old Birmingham Pub Signs

Hi all I have came across this old pub sign that was for sale on Ebay some time ago and I am just wondering if it was the sign that was outside the Rocket pub in Nechells? as it was forty plus years ago the last time I had seen the old sign. Maybe some of you members can post a photo of the...
  5. pudding

Lawrence St Gosta Green

Hi everyone, I have come across these two old photos of court yards on a blog; they were posted in 2006 but never had any responses. This is the note that was attached with the pictures :- Two images sent in by Peter Turner of housing in the Aston area. The photographs were taken shortly...
  6. pudding

The Swan Washwood Heath

Hi all do any of you have a face photo of The swan public house that was on Washwood Heath road. as the only image I can find is a Google satellite shot.
  7. pudding

A S L (associated sprayers limited)

Hi all did any of you worked at a company called ASL Eliot nechells?.
Back