• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Spring Road Tyseley

Can any one help name the factories on Spring Road between Shaftmoor lane and Reddings lane in the early 1960s please. I know of Lucas ,MEM, Deritend Engineering and Clifford Covering. Thanks.
  2. R

Bus Routes

Do any members know the routes of the Midland Red services 165,166 and the 175 in the mid 1960s. I know they changed considerably when taken over by WM . Thanks Robert.
  3. R

Rowles or Williams Amelia

Just been on the 1921, cant find grandmother, everyone else is on there a few new addresses and Bertie has been renamed Betsy. Frustrating about grandmother.
  4. R

Death certificate.

Could anyone help me to find a death certificate please for James p Drinkwater. All I know is he was in the Malvern area in 1915 aged around 20. He may have been in the services.Not a lot to go on I know but here's hoping. Robert.
  5. R

Coral Reef.

Can anyone confirm that the Adelphi cinema hay mills became the coral reef night club or where else it may have been Thanks Robert
  6. R

Annie Williams.

Trying to find information on this lady. born birmingham 1895 parents names John williams Amelia Veness, Any info between 1901 untill 1929 would be of help Thanks Robert.
  7. R

Olton Hall Now Olton Tavern.

Not Birmingham i know but just over the border on Load Lane. Im looking for a photo of the olton tavern when it was called the olton hall Pre 1965. and a photo of the original olton hall please Thanks Robert
  8. R

Adopttion information help please.

Hi i wonder if anyone can help please. I have a friend who was adoptted at 6 weeks of age (well she was with her new family at that time) on her birth cert her new mother and father are named as her parents, is it possible to do this or would the real mothers name have to be on it. Thanks Robert
  9. R

The Bell Marston Green.

After being sold at auction, The Bell is to become an Indian resturant, called the Ginger Tree.
  10. R

New street station masters.

Did new street station master's ever wear top hat and tails, if so when did the practice end. Thanks, Robert.
  11. R

Police House Barrows Lane Sheldon.

Does anyone know if there were ever a police house in Barrows lane near the junction with Coventry rd. The period i have been asked to look for is the 1950s. I know there were police houses at the junction of Coventry rd and Lyndon rd, and wonder if there is some conffusion here. Thanks Robert.
  12. R

Davis Ruben.

Can anyone tell me anything about this chap please. All i know is he has popped up at the same address as my grandparents whitch was 2 court, 18 Darwin street Highgate in 1930 and as this is taken from the electrol roll of that year at that time he is over 21. A bit of a long shot i know but...
  13. R

St Edmunds Tyseley

Does anyone have any memories or photos of St Edmunds Church hall. I recall it being a green timber building standing next to the Church and opposite Formans rd School. It was used for Scouts and Cubs groups, iwould like to know if it was used to mark celibrations such as coranations, or if any...
  14. R

Pubs in Tyseley

As most of you know there are no pubs in Tyseley, a few on the borders such as the Shaftmoor (Hall Green) and some no longer open including The Britania,The Fox Hollies and The Speedwell (all Acocks Green). I wondered if there ever was one now long since gone. If anyone has any maps and could do...
  15. R

Coach company Hurst street.

I have just been having a chat with my elderly nieghbour. he was telling me about a coach trip he went on to Hamburg in the early 70s. The coach firm he traveled with were based in Hurst street he recalled that they were almost opposite the Fox pub. He asked me if i could find out the name of...
  16. R

Hodgkiss James

Could anyone help me find any information about the parents and siblings of James Hodgkiss b1896 Birmingham, He married Lillian Hanson in 1918 and in 1940 was living at 1/36 New John street West. Thanks, Robert.
  17. R

Kingstanding British Legion.

Could anyone tell me if the Kingstanding British Legion is still open or perhaps tradeing under a diffrent name. thanks, Robert.
  18. R

Bunting Look up please.

I wonder if someone could do a look up for me please. I'm looking for Cornelius Bunting on the 1841 1851 and 1861 census's.Born 1842 Birmingham. Any information about who he living with would be greatley recieved. Thanks Robert.
  19. R

The Bell Marston Green.

I have Just driven past the Bell pub to find it boarded up. Cant imagine it closing as it allways seems to be busy.
  20. R

Dell D610 laptop.

Does anyone have or knows where i can get a charger for a Dell d610 please.
Back