• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. B

Massey-Arran

Does anyone have any information about 'Massey-Arran' motorcycles, they were made in Birmingham in the early 1920's?
  2. B

Violin Manufacture in Birmingham

I am researching violin manufacturers/luthiers who traded in Birmingham. I have been told that there was a 'music shop' / violin maker where Symphony hall is now. Does anyone recall the name of this company? How many violin manufacturers were there in Birmingham?
  3. B

War photos collection

Here's a link to a very interesting site covering WW1 and WW2. Lots of pics covering military life in genera and pics taken inside P.O.W camps. https://www.wartimememories.co.uk/
  4. B

Forster Street

I am looking for pics and/or maps about Forster street from the 1930's to the end of the second world war. I know Forster street is still in the Vauxhall area of Brum. Is it possible to find out who was living at an address in Birmingham post 1931 census? Thanks in anticipation.
  5. B

Bickenhill/Elmdon

Does anyone have any information on the factory that built Lancaster bombers at Bickenhill? It may have been an AVRO or Metro Cammell site.
  6. B

Summer Lane

Does anyone know what happened to the 'Summer Lane Arts and Heritage Centre'? What happened to the historical material about Summer Lane that had been collected? I am researching 308 Summer lane where the Arts centre was housed. Previous to this was the Coronet camera company and previuos to...
  7. B

Motorcycle Shops

Where did you buy your motorcycles or spares from? I can remember the following: Vale-Onslow............ Stratford Road. Grays Wellington Road,........... Coventry Road. Aston Autos............. Aston Road North. Copes................. Hagley Road. Shovellbottams...
  8. B

Double Zero Club

Are there any old motorcyclists out there who remember The Double Zero Motorbike Club? The club was started in the late sixties by the Rev. Dave Collyer (whatever happened to him) at a church in (St. Basil's?) Heathmill lane Digbeth. I used to attend until about 1969/70 when I sold my...
  9. B

FORD THAMES VAN 15 CWT

Thames 15cwt I started at Bristol St Motors in 1966. First job I had was changing dozens of front indicator lens's from white to orange on the thames 15 cwt. The same year the Transit appeared
  10. B

Commercial Vehicles

I am loking for information about Fred Lewis transport who I think were in Miller St, Aston. F. Lewis Transport had a fleet of Commer trucks, these vehicles were fitted with a Two Stroke 3 cylinder diesel engine and the made a most wonderful rasping sound when the were under load. I was in...
Back