• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. oldbrit

its jayells birthday

Have a great day!!
  2. oldbrit

its mikejees birthday

Have a great day and many many more
  3. oldbrit

Happy birthday Anthea

Happy Birthday, Have a great day and many many more Anthea
  4. oldbrit

Church Road, Yardley.

Itried to post photos showing the end of Croft rd and Church Road it said they were too big?
  5. oldbrit

Golden Hillock Road Six Ways Small Heath

Of course, they would never mention anything like that! But I saw it every day. William Bloye's House was there at six ways roundabout. but please do not take any offense this was in the 1950s I worked there for four years. Do you remember the big house there?
  6. oldbrit

I meant GROOVES Sorry!
  7. oldbrit

I worked for William Bloye the Birmingham sculptor at his big Victoria house with his studio in the back, it was on Golden Hillock Rd, for 4 years, until I went in the AF in 1951 at age 18 I seem to remember a roundabout there that had grooves in the road from the BSA bike testers racing around...
  8. oldbrit

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

Thanks for the info I had not had a Cadburys for years I just surprised that it did not have the same flavour
  9. oldbrit

Yes, it was a shop in a row of shops that sold bikes and parts. Billy Gameson worked there in the shop this was in the late1940s early 1950s
  10. oldbrit

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

Living now in the USA we got a couple of bars of Cadburys milk Choc. What a shock it was bloody awful, I assume now that they are owned by Hersey's of the US is it now that bad in England? Nothing like I used to remember when living in Brum
  11. oldbrit

In 1949 and 1950 I had Billy Gameson at 112 Golden Hillock Rd build me bike frame forks that I raced on for years anyone has a photo of this shop? It was in a row of small shops
  12. oldbrit

Golden Boys

I will talk to My Bloye when I see him
  13. oldbrit

Golden Boys

Good to see them back even if in my mind spoiled with the Gold finish
  14. oldbrit

MERRY CHRISTMAS BHF 2022

From OldBrit in Parker. Colorado USA To all my friends on BHF Merry and Happy Cr=hristmas and a Happy New Year
  15. oldbrit

Church Road, Yardley.

This is where CROFT ROAD enters CHURCH RD from Google street view Hmmm IT says the image file is too large for the server. But Google Street view has it. Not sure how to downsize the image? but it does show some commercial buildings at the junction of Croft Road and Church Road. this is up from...
  16. oldbrit

Church Road, Yardley.

SUEMALINGS, Croft Road, is up the Barrows lane hill, (that we used to slide down when it snowed) off Barrows Lane towards Church Rd from where I lived at 126 Moat Lane, across from Digbeth in the field I lived there for 23 years
  17. oldbrit

THE WINTERS OF 47 AND 63

I well remember the SMOG thas is not what we called it then, but that's what it was in the winter you could not even see in front of you I have walked in front of Dad's car to lead him home from Smethwick to Yardley. I have walked along the street feeling my way along walls to get home. Coal...
  18. oldbrit

Accuracy of images

The image that I showed of course is a fake, anyone that cycles nows what are the obvious clues
  19. oldbrit

Accuracy of images

This is a typical example of what can be done Haha!!
  20. oldbrit

Famous people with a Birmingham Connection (how many do you know)?

#3 IS William Bloye the sculptor I know I was an apprentice to him for four years
Back