• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

Tubes Limited

Hi, Thanks for your reply, You are correct he died of a heart attack on his way to work and your description of him is spot on, however he lived in Membury Road at the time. Nice to know someone remembers him after all this time, i was very young at the time and have only fleeting memories of...
  2. D

Key Hill Cemetery Memorial Inscriptions

Hi wendy, Thanks again for the information and pics that you posted regarding the location of my uncles grave. I have since spoken to my father and shown him the photographs and despite him only being 14 at the time and 55 years ago he does recognise the location. As for what you told be about...
  3. D

Tubes Limited

Hi there, i,m trying to find out if anyone can remember my uncle who worked at Tubes in the early seventies. His name was Jim Bird and he sadly passed away in the seventies at the age of 46. As far as can be recalled he was still working for Tubes when he died and i was just trying to find out...
  4. D

A thousand thanks for this information Wendy i am very grateful for your help with this. I wanted to ask you about the photo, is vault 15 one large vault or are they all seperate vaults on the pic and if so are they clearly numbered so i can find it? also i have the map of key hill cemetery...
  5. D

Hi wendy, i'm hoping you can help, i am trying to find the location of my uncles grave who was buried at key hill. His name was Ronald Aldridge and was buried at key hill at the end of july 1955. I contacted handsworth cemetary with this query a few years ago but was told the records had been...
Back