• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. formula t

Handsworth brigade ( photo ) c 1900.

Horse drawn engine c 1900
  2. formula t

Help needed with scanner problem

While scanning postcards of Birmingham i have noticed that some have the title missing after scanning. is there anything i can do to keep the titles on. FT.
  3. formula t

Around the city

I dont know if these will come onto the site, but here goes with picture 1
  4. formula t

Garrison Lane Park

I remember the fair used to come most years to Garrrison Lane Park, just down from the blues ground. I spent my last 5/- trying to win this floral tea service on the bingo stall for my aunt. And as luck had it i won it with my last tanner. My aunt was well happy, it made my day. Does anyone...
  5. formula t

Brook bond tea

Seeing the thread about the 50s being forgotten it reminded me of a little job my mom used to ask me to do. when she bought a 1/4 of tea, i think it was brook bond in a green packet it used to have a little cut out stamp on the side, and you could get a stamp saving card from your local shop. My...
  6. formula t

NAKED ISLAND by Russell Braddon

This was a book i really enjoyed. The true story of the author during WW2 an Australian fighting in Malaya and his capture by the Japanees and his 4years in Changi prison. The illustrations were done by Ronald Searle, who was also a prisoner, he later became the creator of the St Trinnians...
  7. formula t

The cresta club

I remember going to a club in Solihull i think it was called the cresta club it was where the ice rink is now. We went to see David Whitfield. Does anyone else remember the club.
  8. formula t

Bywaters

I worked here from 1965 till 1969 in the meat assembly dept preparing the ingredients for sausages,mincing the meat adding the salts and seasoning. The main entrance was in Greenway St, but there were others one was behind the pub we used to call the Wrexham, where we spent many a dinner time...
  9. formula t

Church Visit

A saying used by my mother,it was more of a rhyme really. Every time i see a church i always pay a visit, then when at last im carried in the Lord wont say, Who is it ?
  10. formula t

Archive Footage

I dont know if its been on before,but i came across a site with old footage of bimingham town centre in 1935 it also has footage from London. And some old railway film it was on Brian Trengerry Archive Its worth a look. Formula t.
  11. formula t

Piggy bank

When i was a child if ever my aunts or uncles gave me any money for birthdays or christmas my dad always said put it in the piggy bank in the corner, I was 12 before i realised the piggy bank was the gas meter.
Back