• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. K

Nazareth House

Hi Maxine, Thanks for replying to my post.I had left Nazareth House seven years by 1968! I wonder if any of the nuns that were there when I was would still have been there when you were.Do you remember any of them? How long were you there?I have a few photos now but would still like a few...
  2. K

Nazareth House

Hi Polly! It's good to hear from you.I hope that you are well. Thanks for continuing to look for photos. Take care, Tony
  3. K

Nazareth House

Hi Max, I must admit it is good to feel that we "belong"
  4. K

Nazareth House

Hi I have just read your post about Sister Assumpta. I was at Nazareth House for two short spells in 1959, from February to July and again in 1961 August to October ( although as a nine year old it seemed ages !) I wonder do you remember any of the Turner Family? There was myself. Anthony...
  5. K

Nazareth House

My middle sister was in the nursery in 1959 aged three with our youngest but the second time we stayed there in 1961 she was with with our oldest sister in the main home.Boys and girls were kept apart so my brother and I only got to be together with our sisters at meal times and when our dad...
  6. K

Nazareth House

Hi ! Did you ever get to see Nazareth House for yourself? I thought the place was intriguing although I missed my mum and dad. I had my brother and three sisters with me which helped considerably. Regards, Tony.
  7. K

Nazareth House

Thank You Liz for posting the photo that your nephew found. It certainly is of Nazareth House. Photos of the place seem to be scarce but everyones help in the forum has given me encouragement to carry on researching. Thanks again and also thank your nephew for me. Tony.
  8. K

Nazareth House

Hi Polly and Angie, I hope you both can read this, please let me know. I had a meeting with The Father Hudson Homes Society in Coleshill yesterday, I'm so glad that I did! They have provided me with records of every letter written by my father to the society and the replies for both of the...
  9. K

Nazareth House

Cheers Mike! Regards. Tony.
  10. K

Nazareth House

Hi Angie....Thank you for the photos they are really good, they brought back memories. I remember that down steps to the left of the photos was the old school yard with toilets on the left. There was an entrance in the corner. when I stayed the first time we were taught in the convent, the...
  11. K

Nazareth House

Hi Angie. Thank you for getting in touch. I was there for two spells inthe early 1960's with my brother and three sisters the youngest two were in the nursery on the 4th floor. I have vivid memories of the place and am now obsessed with finding photos and information about the...
  12. K

Nazareth House

Hi Polly, It's good to hear from you Hope you had a good time away. I have since found out that the photo was taken in 1912..... quite a bit before I was there! I sought help from the "thing detectives" website. They found the same photo and an ex Austin works employee sent me an aerial view of...
  13. K

Nazareth House

Have you seen the photo posted by Pollypops? This is definately it ! Albeit a very old one, the gardens were much more mature when I was there with my brothers and sisters in 1961. The nuns weren't very kind but we wer not subjected to any physical or sexual abuse. I am hoping that I will be...
  14. K

Nazareth House

Hi Humph, Thank you for the photo unfortunately this isn't the place I was at. Maybe it was a previous childrens home, was it run by the Poor Sisters? They moved to Lickey road Nazareth House in 1957 I read somewhere. Thanks again,take care. Tony.
  15. K

Nazareth House

WOW! Yes this is it!!! Thank you so much. I feel quite emotional (how daft is that!) This was taken before the landscaping had matured I guess because when I was there it seemed more established. To the left of the building was where we used to play when we weren't in school. Behind the...
  16. K

Nazareth House

Hi Liz! Sorry for not acknowleding your reply to my thread. I have been on friends reunited without much success. Thank You for taking the trouble to help. Regards. Tony
  17. K

Nazareth House

Hi Polly, Hope you are well. Any luck with finding more photos of Nazareth House? Iv'e had a few responces but not as many as I hoped for.There must be some evidence of such a beautiful old building somewhere mustn't there? Take care, Tony.
  18. K

Nazareth House

Thank you Polly, from the island I think Nazareth House would have been somewhere on the right hand side. I know it was opposite the start of the old Austin Works which was really vast. I remember walking with the nuns to the lickey hills, is Cofton Park on the left past the lonbridge works.I...
  19. K

Nazareth House

Hi ! It was a Shetland pony called Christmas presented by Chipperfield Circus The Convent has since been demolished to make way for a new housing estate. My biggest regret was not taking any photos of the place.
  20. K

Nazareth House

Hi there, I am looking for information and photos of nazareth house convent and childrens home which used to be in Lickey Road, Rednal as I was there for a time in 1961. Can anyone help?
Back