• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

153 Ladywood Road, Birmingham B16

Hello Rang the Salvation Army this morning and they confirmed that 153 Ladywood Road was one of their Rescue Training Homes. I'm sending them more information and hopefully there will be able to answer a few more questions! Eeee its good this geneology lark. Michelle
  2. M

Mike Thanks very much I have been trying to find out this info on and off for about a year - I should have joined sooner. Where did you obtain the map? It looks like there is a large green area and tennis courts now at the same spot! The building is referred to as a 'rescue training home', on...
  3. M

Hello I wonder if anyone can shed any light on a sticking point with my family research. My grandad was born at 153 Ladywood Road, Birmingham in 1909. I have found on the 1911 census that a CMB Nurse lives there as well as rescue workers and a number of young single females and babies...
Back