• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

Peerless Stampings

Hi, I have just found this thread after google search for Peerless Stampings of Priory Road, Aston. My father worked there for nearly 30 years in the tool room. His name is Bernard Stringer. He had to do a lot of precision work. He talks abt it a lot now and asked if it was still there., hence...
  2. L

New Oscott Cemetery,Sutton Coldfield

I have recently been told that two relatives were buried in New Oscott Cemetery in 1939 and 1947. I have tried to find the address for this cemetery and also looked on google earth but can't find it. I wanted to visit so could anyone help me by telling me whether its been renamed or the road in...
  3. L

Handsworth Cemetery,Oxhill Road,

I have a burial record with a reg no but no plot number for a relative. It was a baby who was buried during 1940's and grave contains 4. Has anybody got records of burials at Handsworth or memorial photos or could anyone point me in right direction on how to obtain map of cemetery and plots...
  4. L

baker William rose

WILLIAM ROSE BAKER was a common male name in our family from early 1800's to beginning of 1900's. I have tried to find out where ROSE came from as a middle name especially for a male - has anyone any idea where I can look for information? Thanks
  5. L

Baker family

Hi again Sue, tried familysearch but no luck, thought if I can find a burial record I might be able to trace it backwards. His last address in 1871 census was Aston Manor, he was aged 25 and unemployed jeweller, as there are Bakers in Key Hill and maybe Warstone do you think it possible he was...
  6. L

Baker family

Thank you Sue, will look at familysearch.org. I think our problem is too many William Baker but our did tend to use full name of William Rose Baker. The name went through till 1900 when was used for last time. p.s I live in Tamworth as well but originally from Brum.
  7. L

Baker family

Hi I am trying to find death record of William Rose Baker born 1844 in Birmingham. My aussie cousin and I have been trying to find this for about 12 months. We found him in 1871 census and know another child was born [john] in 1876. In 1881 census his wife Annie Marie Baker was a widow and she...
Back