• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. wallyb71

Cashmore Family

Does anyone have any information on this family who lived on Williams St Lozells before moving to Kingstanding. I'm trying to find the address they lived at on Williams ST. Thankyou, Have a nice day, Wally.
  2. wallyb71

Erdington

I can remember as a very young child we lived in a yard somewhere in Erdington and it was next to a large Commercial Laundry and I think there was a bridge over the road and a lot of traffic. By this discription can anyone tell me what Road it was. This was probably back in the early 30s. Have...
  3. wallyb71

William street lozells

Can someone tell me if Williams St in Lozells still exists or demolished. My Wife was born there. Thankyou. Have a nice day, Wally.
  4. wallyb71

Dry behind the ears

Does anyone remember this one, "I don't think he's dry behind the ears" referring to someone who seemed a bit dense. :) :) :) :2funny: Have a nice day, Wally.
  5. wallyb71

Lee

Can someone tell me how to research my mothers family. Her father was George Lee but I don't know what her mothers name was. I know they lived in Kingsbury Rd, Edington. Thankyou. Have a nice day, Wally.
  6. wallyb71

Dust Bin Ditty

Does anyone remember this Ditty we used to sing when we were kids:- Oh you can't put your muck in our dustbin our dustbin our dustbin, No you can't put your muck in our dustbin, our dustbins full. :D :D :D :D Have a nice day, Wally.
  7. wallyb71

Treacle

I remember having a Treacle sandwich. The can was green with a lions head on the front and you had to pop the lid off and dip a knife in and spread it on a slice of bread and Marge. It was so sweet, and what was it made of. ??? Have a nice day, Wally. :) :) :) :)
  8. wallyb71

Those were the Days my Friend

When I was about 8or9 years old we lived on Alma Crescent in Vauxhall. We was lucky because we lived in the house faceing the street all the others were up the yard at the back. I remember there used to be a man up the street who kept pigs and we used to save all the potatoe peelings and cabbage...
  9. wallyb71

GOB STOPPERS

Does anyone remember Gob Stoppers ?? It was a hard candy ball about half the size of a golf ball. Anyway when I was about 5 years old we lived in Erdington up this yard and it so happened one day I was sucking on a Gob Stopper and it slipped down my throat and got stuck and I couldn't breath...
  10. wallyb71

ROAMING

England was the place of my birth Birmingham my home Kingstanding was where I lived From where I used to roam. I roamed across the sea one day To a place called Pennsylvania This was in the USA And I was just a stranger I went to work And bought some land And built myself a home...
Back