• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. K

Murrays photography

This is a long shot but have been asked to find out about Murrays photography which was situated upstairs beside the co-op coventry road sparkhill back in 1960's if anyone has any information i would be grateful.
  2. K

Surname Search Holland

Hi Gillian, I'm also related to Richard Holland he'd be my gt gt grandfather was married to Rebecca Foster, his father was my gt gt gt grandfather John who was married to catherine? Would love to hear from you
  3. K

Brain family Aston 1920

Hi, My Brain family were from Willis Street that's where my dad was born and as he grew up then they all moved to Handsworth and had a garage, then when my grandad Brain died, my grandma sold up the garage and moved to Wellington Road Handsworth where she died in 1963 what sort of information...
  4. K

Frederick Brain nut and Bolt manufacturers Woodcock Street

Mike, Thank you so much for the information you sent me I will be able this on file kate777
  5. K

Frederick Brain nut and Bolt manufacturers Woodcock Street

Anyone out there know anything about Frederick Brain nut and bolt manufacturers they were in Woodcock Street early 1900's
  6. K

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

Hi Wendy I remember you so well do you remember me my name was Kathryn Kate777
  7. K

Wendy, I went to that school 1957/8 as well. I lived in Longdon Drive then. kate777
  8. K

Hi there, I went to Four Oaks county primary and infant school in Edgehill Road in the 1950's what year were you there? kate777
  9. K

Loxton Street School

Hi my dad went to Loxton Street school in the 1920's and then onto Handsworth Grammar School 1930 onwards. What year did you attend the school? kate777
  10. K

Brain family Aston 1920

Hi Dek, Having problems with thread today don't know whether you got my reply but anyway just in case you didn't thanks so much for the map and photo I will put both into my dad's book. Do you know how old the photo is and is the church still there. (QUOTE =kate777)
  11. K

Brain family Aston 1920

Hi, My dad was born in Willis Street Aston would this street be anywhere near the street where you knew the 'Brain' family. (QUOTE =kate777)
  12. K

Brain family Aston 1920

Hi, My maiden name is Brain my dad lived in Aston and then in Handsworth Wood, his parents had a garage there. He wrote his memolrs before he died and I have just finished typing over 800 pages of his life and where he grew up. Kate777
Back