• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Old Photographs

I have about a dozen photograph albums, the photos were taken by an uncle of my father’s and date from 1920 to 1930. Most the photos are of buildings or well known beauty spots. He took the time to write down the date and locations were each photo was taken. I have attached a few photos of...
  2. P

Archway at Junction 1 - M5

There is an archway on the roundabout at junction 1 of the M5 in West Bromwich. I have been told it was one of the original entrances to the Dartmouth Estate. Does any one know if this is correct or not. Peter
  3. P

The Woodman in Hockley

Does anyone remember the Woodman on the corner of Bar Street and Wells Street when Grace and Albert Aitkin’s ran it in the 70’s? It is still there today but looks a little run down. Peter
  4. P

Ephraim phillips ltd

I was an apprentice in the 60's at Ephraim Phillips Ltd in Bissell Street. It would be great to contact fellow work mates. I also have many old ledgers which belonged to the founder Ephraim Phillips dating back to the 1880's, which I found in a rubbish bin when the company was closing down...
Back