• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Hope Lodge, Edgbaston

thanks for that new info. raymond... Would you perhaps have an email address for them. Incredible how fast we can touch a few keys and presto, answers from the other side of the world... Cheers Janet
  2. J

Carpenter Josephine mothers name is this

thanks for the quick response. Something solid to do at last. May come to nothing but if they are looking at finding their mum and on the registrar- wonderful . Anyone with Josesphine Carpenter ( no middle name) as their birth mother, born around that time in that area, ( Birmingham ...
  3. J

thanks albeta. Being in Queensland very unsure of where to start to ask for info... Have about six more names form history archives to ask for so maybe they will now have an interent site and payment site so I can send off for birth certificate stuff over the net. ?
  4. J

Oh thanks for that Shera. Where did you find maiden names. I have a list of Carpenter surname babies born for the Library records , but they have no records of the mothers name .. This is a start, hopefully the memories will get clearer for her and we will be able to have more exact dates. Is...
  5. J

Hope Lodge, Edgbaston

Does anyone know Karen Cartwrights email address - the contact for Support after adoption Team. Being in Oz this would be a preferred option
  6. J

Seeking a child born 1947-48. Mothers name is Josephine Carpenter. Child would have been put in adoptive care. Sad circumstances as would have been born in a Rescue Home situated in Birmingham area . Daughter doing research, mum still alive. Live in australia. Anyone knowing anyone looking for...
  7. J

Mother and Baby home Moseley

My first post , am seeking any help to find where my mums baby was born. She has no tangible memory of this period of her life ( sad) . Years involved 1947-48 , sent to Birmingham , she remembers the name Alton Towers, but I think that was for the benefit of her siblings. Were babies born...
  8. J

Hope Lodge, Edgbaston

Seeking help for my mum, ( 77) does anyone know if the birth certicficates show the mothers names from unmarried mothers homes in the times around 1947-48. There are a few with her surname in the archives around this period and I can pay for some to be searched for her surname as the mother...
Back