• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. LucyJayne

Oldest Public House in Hockley

Hi Everyone, Just wondered if anyone could tell me what the oldest pub in Hockley is?? Any ideas? Thanks Lucy )
  2. LucyJayne

Name of pub on Great Hampton Street

Hi, Does anyone know the name of the pub on great Hampton Street opposite the Church pub? I would be grateful for any info Thanks Lucy :)
  3. LucyJayne

Grocery shop on Essington Street

Hi, Does anyone have any information on a shop that was on Essington Street number 50 , It was run by my Nan - Gwen Helps, I think the shop may have been called 'Helps' or 'Hopkins' but a bit unsure about that. It was opposite the Coal Yard. Can anyone help me with this??? Thanks Lucy
  4. LucyJayne

Copes Wine Lodge

Hi, Why can't I find any pics of the above lodge??? I have looked everywhere and asked sooo many people but failed to find a single photo of Copes Wine Lodge in Hockley.:( Can anyone help me??? Lucy
  5. LucyJayne

Barr Street, Hockley

Hi All, I'm actually trying to get hold of some photos of Barr Street in Hockley, either of just the road itself or the back to back houses that used to be there. Does anyone have anything like this or do you know where I might be able to find some?? Thanks Lucy:)
  6. LucyJayne

W.M Purslow

Hi, My Grandad used to work in a factory/shop on Great Hampton Street called W.M Purslow which was a boot/shoe company. Does anyone have any information or pictures of this? Thanks Lucy
Back