• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Edgbaston Estate Office Hagley Road

Does anyone know anything about the Edgbaston Estate Office on the Hagley Road (139) a great aunt was a domestic servant there in 1932.
  2. S

Brickmakers, Publicans & Watermen

Hi all I've recently discovered a few new occupations in the family and wondered if anyone had tips on where to look for records etc. I found an ancestor of mine worked at Stockfield Brick Works and I've got some more info but what I really want and it's a long shot, is a book by Albert H...
  3. S

Quinton Hall for aged men

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Quinton Hall, there's not a lot of information I've been able to find on it. I was searching the 1939 register for my great grandfather and he turned up in this home listed as retired & infirm. My research led me to understand the guardians of...
  4. S

Smith Clara W abt 1880 / Connor/ Tiltman / Hames

I am looking for any records/relations of a Clara W Smith born Smethwick abt 1880. The initial W I believe stands for Winifred. Parents: Jesse Smith and Francis Harriet Smith (nee Walton) 2 brothers: Henry Edward Smith and Oliver Roland Smith Possibly married: 1907 to Thomas Connor or...
  5. S

Smith WW1 records

I have been looking to trace my great grandfather Henry Edward Smith WW1 records- I know they may not have survived and I have no idea where he served or if he served, but I assume he would have done. Born 1878 Smethwick Married 1904 3 children Address: 60 Pershore Street Birmingham...
  6. S

Bruno Schulze, Sausage Skin Maker, Pershore Street

Can anyone look up Bruno Schulze, sausage skin maker at 60 Pershore Street Birmingham? Thanks
  7. S

Bruno Schulze, Sausage Skin Maker Pershore Street

Can anyone look up Bruno Schulze, sausage skin maker at 60 Pershore Street Birmingham? Thanks
  8. S

Shaw/Schulze

I am looking for relatives or those who remember a Marie Shaw (nee Schulze) who married Walter Lawrence Shaw in 1914 Nuneaton. I believe they had two children, Lawrence and Freda Joyce (known as Joyce). Freda married a Robert Ward. The family lived in Durham Road, Sparkhill until mid-late...
  9. S

Bruno Schulze Business Records

Is it possible to get business records dating back to the early 1900s, if so where would I look? I am looking at what I believe was a factory/home business run by the Schulze family at 60 Pershore Street (and also they had another business in Devon which I am hoping to get further details on)...
  10. S

More date queries

Thanks to everyones help on the wedding picture I uploaded earlier...not to bog everyone day (or get myself too confused) but here are the other photos we know nothing about. 1. unknown couple 2- have no idea who, when or where this was taken. Image attached to dark green card. No details-...
  11. S

Date query

Hi This is the first time I've tried dating photos and wondered if anyone can help. This wedding photograph has no details on it and we can only identify 2 of the people in the photo (although one of the ladies also appears in another photograph we have). If anyone can estimate a date it...
  12. S

Finding living relatives

We are trying to locate the children of Rose Emily Ladd and Alfred E Ladd who we believe were living in Birmingham. The children were: Joy (1947) Barbara (1949) Margaret (1951) Ann (1952) Alan (1954) We cannot see them on ancestry (but we have some marriage details) has anyone any tips on...
  13. S

Missing person

I have hit a dead end in researching a family member named Henry Edward Smith. We have records until 1920 where he was lasted registered on the electoral roll, but no further details of him until his death in 1942 where he was listed as 'no fixed abode'. It was suggested he may have been in...
  14. S

Bruno Schulze Pershore Street German Sausage Skin Maker

I was wondering if anyone had any information about my great-great grandad who moved here from Germany and set up a sausage skin making business at 60 Pershore Street. My great-great grandad was Bruno Schulze and he remained here until 1914 when he emigrated to America, but some of the family...
Back