• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. zzf00l

Forward Statue

c1991 I think. I liked it!
  2. zzf00l

Kingsbury Rd, Erdington

My older sister, still in Erdington.
  3. zzf00l

St Barnabas Church Erdington

Can anyone tell me when the organ pipes were relocated from the choir area (see page 16) and where exactly were they relocated too?
  4. zzf00l

Thank you Bernard..
  5. zzf00l

Hello everyone.. I'll admit I have not had the time to read all the comments on the previous 20 pages, so please forgive me if this topic has been covered. Does anybody know if there are plans to replace the memorial plaque to our war dead in the Memorial Chapel?? Ian
  6. zzf00l

New library.

And for us to pay for it!
  7. zzf00l

New library.

I think you might have hit the nail on the head with that comment Mike... Perhaps they are keeping their options open... if it fails as a library just turn it into another Mosque!!
  8. zzf00l

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

It looks to me like the 'A3' is attached to the downpipe on the building... a group of people on the 'zebra' crossing in front of the standing bus, also the patiently waiting scooter rider (is that a Vespa) and of course... look at that smart E-Type
  9. zzf00l

City Centre Photographs

Back in the day when the City Centre layout made sense and 'looked right'.
  10. zzf00l

Dunlop

Dunlop continued Tyre Manufacture throughout WW11.. a relatively small amount of Spitfire manufacture (I believe steering gear) took place on the Dunlop Site. The vast majority of Spitfire manufacture was 'next door' at what is now the Jaguar Plant.
  11. zzf00l

Dunlop

Indeed it was/is Erdington... B24 9QT
  12. zzf00l

Garfield Cycles

Hi world traveller. I remember your Dad as a tallish man with glasses and a pipe... I think he wore a 'cowgown'. I think your Mom worked in the shop as well! Ian
  13. zzf00l

Well I think it is a b****y eyesore now and key hill brian is quite right... It is obvious the Vicar has little or no interest in the feelings of those whose relatives are buried in the grounds of the Church... lot's of talk talk but no action. Lots of War Dead memorials in the Church yard (some...
  14. zzf00l

Body Washer at St Barnabus.

Thank you for that information.
  15. zzf00l

Body Washer at St Barnabus.

That's interesting Chocks... are you referring to the church records for St Barnabas ? I thought they had been destroyed!
  16. zzf00l

Erdington

Try Friends Reunited for the Birches Green photo's Ian
  17. zzf00l

Kingsbury Rd, Erdington

That's the one David.. I was only 5 yrs out ha! So, 1913 map showing no houses in that portion of Kingsbury Rd. By 1917 No. 441 plus others were already built. They were owned by Dunlop to meet the needs of their management team (the houses with bay windows) coincidentally the house numbers...
  18. zzf00l

Kingsbury Rd, Erdington

Interesting map... the letter 'e' in Birches is I think the Farm entrance which may have become Birches Green Rd. The later OS Map around 1908 I think shows it more clearly as well as the Farm buildings (in my photo) and the position of the pond.
  19. zzf00l

Kingsbury Rd, Erdington

I take your point that the farm'land' is now occupied by the school then yes!
  20. zzf00l

Kingsbury Rd, Erdington

No mate.. if you were the photographer of that picture the school would be on your right.. the farm buildings in the distance are what is now the junction of Birches Green Rd and Kingsbury Rd. No. 441 is approx midway between Firtree Rd and Birches Green Rd :-)
Back