• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Any 1950's colour images of the junc. Navigation Street, Hill Street and John Bright St?

Hi John. yes, that is a great site for researching; however, all the pre-rebuild photo's are black & white. The bridge in the foreground is a temporary structure and the one in the distance is the new bridge still being constructed. It is the period before this that I am trying to find colour...
  2. B

Any 1950's colour images of the junc. Navigation Street, Hill Street and John Bright St?

Hello all, I am building a diorama of the rail network under the junction of Navigation St, Hill St and John Bright St in the 1950's and 60's before the major rebuild. The diorama also takes in those roads above but I don't know what colours the brickworks or advertising billboards were. Can...
  3. B

birmingham 1969-73

I've just found post no.104 (above) of this thread which brings back some memories. I lived at No.69 Cox Street West, with my Mum and two sisters, in the mid to late 1960's. No.69, the left one of the two with bay windows in picture 2, was almost opposite Lincoln St Motors, where I worked...
  4. B

St Michaels RC School Floodgate Street

Hello everyone, It's been a while since I last logged in but I can't think how I missed this thread. I went to St Michael's in 1957, I can still remember old Parker, Miss Morran (later Lyons?) Mr Dobson and Mr Halsey; he taught us how to play cricket. Was it Halsey who used to teach us...
  5. B

Cox Street West - Balsall Heath

Hello everybody, It's been a long while since I last logged in, for which I apologise. I was reading Catherine's thread, dated 2009? and it brought back some happy memories. I used to live in Gooch St, no. 1/147 behind Harry's Cafe; whilst there I left school (St. Michaels, Floodgate Street)...
Back