• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

Davos, Switzerland Sunday Mercury & Kunzle

Hi Anne: I was at Caselva from November 1967 to June 1968. Susan Wilson was buried in Davos, at the Waldfriedhof, and her grave was marked by a wooden cross reading (as I recall from visits in 1976 and 1988) “Susan Wilson 1951-1968”; “Mole” to us, she was 16 when she died, and very small. I...
  2. D

I was there somewhat later, at Caselva, from November 1967 to June 1968. I was there again this summer (my first visit in almost twenty years) and was sad to find that Caselva has been torn down, Pro Juventute is being readied for 'development', and not much is left of what we remember -- apart...
  3. D

I do not recall cleaning the brass in St Luke's, though I remember the Chaplain; I think his name was Mr Dolley and he was most appreciated for arranging chess contests. I rather think that he was in charge of the English Library across the road. St Luke's has long since ceased to be an Anglican...
  4. D

Steve Hooper's memory of our morning cereal at Caselva, that muesli never to be matched by any since, and certainly not by those dessicated coloured cardboard chips marketed in Britain since the early 1970s, reminds me that we always called it Bircher-muesli. And there may be one place where it...
  5. D

Dear Gillian, I have not yet received your message, but I'm glad you received mine. I'd be interested to hear from others at Caselva at that time: those hours spent lying out on the balcony in Lieger are not easily forgotten. Much remains in the memory, but the memories of others would...
Back