• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Ettingshall Hall and Farm

Does anyone have any photos or information on Etingshall Hall and or Etingshall Hall Farm please.
  2. P

WW1 photos of our relatives in uniform

I have a Samuel Woolley in my family tree also. X
  3. P

Jenney's/ woolley's/shelley's of aston & nechells

Re: THE JENNEY'S/ WOOLLEY'S/SHELLEY'S OF ASTON & NECHELLS Hi Keith,sorry i haven't been on here my son is really sick in hospital right now...I will get the pic for you of Thomas Albert and details of where he fits in my tree x Amanda
  4. P

Re: THE JENNEY'S/ WOOLLEY'S/SHELLEY'S OF ASTON & NECHELLS born 6 Brass st Bham...Died 173 Tower Rd aston.....
  5. P

Re: THE JENNEY'S/ WOOLLEY'S/SHELLEY'S OF ASTON & NECHELLS I have him here including picture of him....Born 1870 to Thomas Woolley and Hannah Liney ?
  6. P

Re: THE JENNEY'S/ WOOLLEY'S/SHELLEY'S OF ASTON & NECHELLS HI,I have a Thomas Albert and a Albert Thomas do you have any more details? Regards Amanda
  7. P

Re: THE JENNEY'S/ WOOLLEY'S/SHELLEY'S OF ASTON & NECHELLS Hi Tony i am also connected to the Woolley's from Bham,staffs,warks areas maybe we are connected.I have loads of info regarding my family tree.... Regards Amanda Wood-Woolley
  8. P

Adkins/Kerr/Woolley

Hi 1 branch of my family is also called davies and they all originate with Woolley(also known as wood-woolley) ranging from wales and birmingham.....Its a very big family tree with lots of branches..
  9. P

Wood-Woolley Mystery

I have just been informed a bawl forger was another name for those working in the metal industry who were able to put a stamp on their products so they were unable to be forged.......i also found out the woolleys were major investors in the engineering and steel industry owning a number of...
  10. P

Gill, Harvey, Deakin, Woolley

hi Baron how weird my great grandfather was albert woolley from aston also born around 1890's...........
  11. P

Re: THE JENNEY'S/ WOOLLEY'S/SHELLEY'S OF ASTON & NECHELLS Hi wendy..... seems we have a pickle all my records show Victor George wood-woolley or woolley(1898 aston) married to gladys mary Baker who was born 1901......this tree is becoming a right pain hahaha everything is conflicting due to...
  12. P

Wood-Woolley Mystery

Its all very complex...... Millicent( was married to thomas littleton wood-woolley(1852-march 1884) in aston they had a daughter millicent(sept 1878-march 1916) in wandsworth.....I have them living at St Thomas's cottage,Albert rd,Aston,Bham Thomas littleton aka lyttleton was brother of John...
  13. P

Aston Pictures

Hi my family originate from Bilston,aston,ettingshall,erdington i have st johns villa,wylde green and aston manor as a few names of places they lived i was wondering if you had pictures of these areas or any other areas the wood-woolley family lived also known as woolley would be much...
  14. P

Gill, Harvey, Deakin, Woolley

Hi Mark i have ancestors from this area listed as Bawl forgers.......i am told this is to do with the sword trade not quite sure though, also listed are jewellers,and tool dealers,blacksmiths and assorted metals worker They were mostly called woolley or sometimes wood-woolley......
  15. P

Wood-Woolley Mystery

HI yes they are my ancestors also.....John was my great great grandfather and he was married to ellen jones wood.........johns parents were john wood woolley born 1827 and mary ann donafin born1840's they had a 15 or so year age gap between them....... mary ann and edith ann both married june...
  16. P

Woolley

Vic woolley if it was the same person was my great great uncle and he was known as victor george woolley but i think this may be too old for the one your talking about my great uncle Vivian gordon wood-woolley was working at the same place so i wonder if this was the man you are talking about Len???
  17. P

Re: THE JENNEY'S/ WOOLLEY'S/SHELLEY'S OF ASTON & NECHELLS Hi i am not sure how far back your wanting to go but i am a wood-woolley and my family originate from aston,ettingshall,staffordshire,warwickshire or as it was in the 1700/1800's Birmingham with districts....In the mid 1800's my family...
Back