• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

Field family in the late 19th & early 20th century in Birmingham

I Ladylinda Thanks for your help, its appreciated
  2. P

Thanks Sparkhill Lad that helps a lot, I thought the Fields must have all got lost. Thanks for your help I appreciate it.
  3. P

Please can anyone help. The Field family lived on Gooch Street in 1871 & 1881 the were at Bissell Street in 1891 and at Wrentham Street in 1901 The father was Matthew employed as a wood turner. Three of the daughters were french polishers. I know its a long time ago, but I would be grateful for...
  4. P

Somehow I knew it would be mikejee who would help me with the firm I was looking for, thank you mikejee for that you certainly are a grandmaster of everything Brummie. Knowing where they lived it seems certain that this is the firm they worked for. All I need now is someone to remember the family.
  5. P

I am researching the Field family who lived in Gooch Street at the turn of the century. They also resided in Bissell Street and Wrentham Street so they seem to have stayed in the same area for quite a long time. Three of the daughters were employed as French Polishers, I believe one of the firms...
  6. P

Female tram conductors in the first World War

Can anyone tell me the date that the Birmingham Tramways got rid of the female tram conductors that they employed during the first World War.
  7. P

Villa Memories Tom 'Pongo' Waring

Thanks Patty that reply takes me back an awful long time thanks very much wonderful
  8. P

Villa Memories Tom 'Pongo' Waring

Thanks everyone for the story of Pongo Waring. I have been thinking perhaps they could do with him now, but after yesterdays result perhaps they are on the up again. Hope so.
  9. P

The Grapes, Heneage Street, Aston

Hi My great grandfather, Henry Bates, was the landlord of The Grapes, Heneage Street, Aston, where he died in 1917. Does anyone have a picture of The Grapes or any history of this pub.
  10. P

Bates Herbert Frederick (Tiddly)

Tiddly bates was a hairdresser in Summer Lane. He was born in 1882. Attended King Edward's Grammar School. Does anyone out there know more anything about Tiddly I believe a book was published about Summer Lane, which mentioned him.
  11. P

Bates Tiddly

As anyone heard of Herbert Frederick Bates aka 'Tiddly Bates'. He was a hairdresser on Summer Lane. He was born 7th June, 1882. He went to King Edward's Grammar School. He married Ellen Elizabeth at St Chads Cathedral in 1919
Back