• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. V

Revo Park Lane Aston

The Revo company was started around 1910 by Frederick Reeves and my Great Great Grandfatyer Septimus Vaughan (or maybe by my Great Grandfather Ernest Vaughan). Ernest founded Vono,makers of beds etc. vono stood for Vaughan Only, No Others and it seems that Frederick Reves added RE to VO...
  2. V

Birmingham Bedstead Factories

It was was my Great Grandfather’s company (Ernest Vaughan). My late uncle Jeremy worked for him as a young man. Jeremy good me Vino actually stands for Vaughan Only, No Others. He was a very successful man with many businesses, including Revo and Duport Steel.
  3. V

This is one of Ernest Vaughan’s patents, relating to bedsteads.
  4. V

Vono stood for Vaughan Only No Others. My uncle Jeremy Vaughan, Ernest Vaughan’s grandson, told me this. He worked for Ernest.
  5. V

My great grandfather was Ernest Vaughan. I have recently been researching his various businesses, such as Revo, Vono, Duport Steel etc and patents. Fascinating to read about it. A great shame I never met him or my grand father.
Back