• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Matahari

Courtyards and yards of brum

My great great grand parents Catherine and George Alders, lived at 2 court 3 House Cheapside in 1881 does anyone have any pictures of that particular area please.
  2. Matahari

Royal Warwickshire Regiment

Wendy, is there any chance that you could enlarge that so that we can see the names, I want to see if my great uncle is there, Benjamin Guest
  3. Matahari

Acocks Green Junior and Infants

Hello, My husband, Micheal Wyton, used to go to Acocks Green Junior and Infants, He was friends with a couple of lads called David Floyd and Richard Bayliss. Is there anyone, who knows their whereabouts, as Micheal would very much like to get in touch again.
  4. Matahari

Susan Williams

Hi, I have had a message from a lady, on facebook, her name is Dianne, and she lives in America. Back in the late 1960's/early 70's, Dianne was writing to a girl called Susan Williams, who went to Nechells Park secondary modern. Dianne and Susan lost touch, as people do. If anyone knows where...
  5. Matahari

I cannot see the picture, illumina 3, but just thought I would mention, that my great uncles, Benjamin Guest and Ralph Lees, were in the Royal Warwicks, be interesting to see if they were on the picture, I would not recognise them, but my aunt, who is still alive, would
  6. Matahari

My great uncle, Ben Guest was in the Royal Warwicks. he joined in 1914 went through every battle on the western front, including The Somme, was wounded twice, and was transfered, in 1917 to the R.A.F. Wonder if he is that picture, thing is I dont know what he looked like.
  7. Matahari

Fitzwater Howard

Hello Does anyone know of the Fitzwater family? Howard was a home child, and went to Canada in 1929, he returned to England, in 1936, and then went back to Canada, of his own volition, once more returning in 1938. Apparently, his next course of action was to join the R.A.F However, there is...
  8. Matahari

Guest st hockley

I made a fascinating discovery, in 1945 my mum was living at 42 GUEST street with a couple called Arthur and Clara Morcock, I have a feeling mum was homeless and they kindly took her in, would love to know if any of their family are still about.
  9. Matahari

Rippingille Aston Road

My great great gand parents, James and Ann Davies and their son, Tom, is buried there.
  10. Matahari

Alders George and Catherine

Re: George and Catherine Alders Yes I have, but I am not sure about it, thing is I cant find any birth records either.
  11. Matahari

St Chads Cathedral

​Could anyone tell me anything about the Mosaic floor in St Chad's, like who was responsible for the tiling,
  12. Matahari

Jerome Photographers, Birmingham

My grandmother had her photo taken at Jerome photographers in Birmingham, my mum has been saying she would like to have the photo that was taken but does not know what happened to it. Does anyone know if there are photo archives, and how to contact them.
  13. Matahari

Nechells Park Secondary Modern School Charles Arthur St School

Would you please send pictures of Charles Arthur street school please, you had some on the page but now I cannot find them. thank you
  14. Matahari

Witton Cemetery

Thank you for that wendy, you have been very helpful. Merry Christmas.
  15. Matahari

Witton Cemetery

Could anyone help me. I am looking for a particular grave at witton cemetery, I have been given both section and plot number, but the map is very blured. Could anyone tell me which end section 175 is. Thank you and Merry Christmas:star:
  16. Matahari

Aston Union Workhouse

I discovered that my great uncle's daughter died in that work house, in April, 1917, she didnt even make her second birthday, tragedy of it is that her dad was away on active service, I am wondering how a heavily pregnant mother and a child would have been in a workhouse. The little girl's name...
  17. Matahari

Re: George and Catherine Alders I had considered that, myself, because, Robert doesnt seem to be lurking in 1881 and Frederick isnt lurking in 1871 So they could be one and the same, might stick my neck out abit.
  18. Matahari

Re: George and Catherine Alders I had, the only thing is, that it doesnt quite fit in with my great grandmothers, birth records which was 10th March 1867, and, in the 1881 Census there is an 18 year old Frederick Alders which would make him born about 1863, is he uncle or brother....? thanks...
  19. Matahari

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help, Catherine and George Alders were the parents of my great grand mother Annie Amelia, who married Benjamin Guest, the couple married around the early 1860's but Birmingham Registry Office houses no marriage details about them. Catherine's maiden name was...
  20. Matahari

Acocks Green Junior and Infants School

Hi Could you help me, My husband was a pupil at Acocks Green Juniors and Infants, between 1959-1965, has anyone got any class photos taken around those times, preferably Miss James' class of September 1964/July 65. This would bring back some very happy memories for him. Thank you for your...
Back