• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

BSA Armoury Road Small Heath.

Mr Dalby, have you any pictures you could possibly donate to our website re Birmingham Speedway. If so please i.m me
  2. S

The Old Library - Digbeth

Just like to say the building was used for local bands/artists around 98/99. I played in a band and we had a room upstairs, the people who leased the place also put on a live night, Ocean Colour Scene front man Simon Fowler headlined an acoustic set in the building. I was there and sober!
  3. S

Gramophone Records

Anyone got anymore info on Norman Haines - ex The Locomotive imo The Best Birmingham psychadelic rock band to come out of Birmingham?
  4. S

Tony Hancock

Any more info regarding your cousins production on this series ?
  5. S

Outrigger

That fantastic photo must be mid-late 70's in my estimation?
  6. S

Outrigger

My band played this venue in 95, we were one of the last bands to play there. Its rumoured Ocean Colour Scene got there name from a picture on the top floor. The portrait featured a saling ship / galleon in rough waters. I really think this building should have had a preservation order on it...
  7. S

GRANGE ROAD, SMALL HEATH

As a child aged 5-12 in the early 1970's our doctors surgery was on grange road, it was near the coventry road end. The Doctor who held residence was called Dr Piliso - who actually came from Sth Africa or Rhodeshia ? As you walk to the end of Grange Rd - towards Coventry Rd his surgery was on...
Back