• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Wizzle

Marsh Hill Boys Grammar Tech School

I stayed in touch with Bernie after reconnecting in the late 80's and visited him a few times. The last time I saw him was in late 2019, I think he had suffered a stroke which had affected his speech, but Bern was still there for sure.
  2. Wizzle

Mecca Ballrooms/Mayfair Suite

The Oasis was a great place to go with the coffee bar inside. Unfortunately, Mother's was closed by the time I looked old enuf to get in.
  3. Wizzle

I was at MHGTSB between 1972 and 1977 then A's at Sutton College.. However, since you were there prior to me and have knowledge of all sorts of mularkey, perhaps you might shed some light on the following: just before leaving the school I did some checking around and found the water tank which...
  4. Wizzle

Bogarts

Nuthin wrong with Biro on denim lol. I was a frequent visitor there. Upstairs, the ashtray was the floor as I recall. There are some pictures and many peoples memories of this cool place on https://www.birminghammusicarchive.com/bogarts/ I wish it was still going actually...
  5. Wizzle

Lozells Harriers

That's awesome Centurion. I hope you had a good meeting! -Steve
  6. Wizzle

Same here, I left in 77. Steve Bartlett
  7. Wizzle

Lozells Harriers

Cool, thanks Centurion. Making arrangements to get Ted on this forum to connect... Stay tuned
  8. Wizzle

Lozells Harriers

That's great to hear, I'll have to contact Ted and get him on this site... I think that there was also a running track near to where Spaghetti junction is. Was it Salford bridge?
  9. Wizzle

pub on smallbrook queensway

Bogarts was a suitably obliging establishment also...
  10. Wizzle

Lozells Harriers

Yes indeed: this photo brings back a precious memory of my Dad, who was a member of the Lozells Harriers. He is top right of the picture - the really tall lad; at the time pf the picture, he was 24 (and I was not born until nine years later...).
  11. Wizzle

Radio: Crystal Sets & CB Radio

I still have the service log book for all of the rigs I fixed for Erdington Motor Spares on Station Rd in Erdington in the early eighties (27MHz a.m. days of course). Cobra 19GTL was the most frequent one I saw I think, probably more sensitive to SWR mis-match. Happy days...
Back