• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. H

Suicide in Prison

If a relative committed suicide in Prison (possibly Winson Green) would there be a death certificate issued? Val (former Heath Street resident)
  2. H

Roast chestnut vendor !!

Is this my imagination! I am sitting at my computer attacking the family tree once more when I had this vision of a Roast Chestnut Vendor somewhere in the centre of Birmingham in about 1950's - A bridge comes to mind, an uphill walk, long road - my dad, my mum and brother walking from goodness...
  3. H

Osborne Adelaide Veronica Mary resting place?

Really dont know where to start - after 4 years of searching for my grandmother (died but not born - an earlier thread) There is no family alive to help with any ideas - Adelaide Veronica Mary Osborne died of TB aged 25 in May 1922. She married in St. Vincents Catholic Chapel, Ashted Row in...
  4. H

Confectioner - Hurst St and Inge St. 1800's

Whilst researching past family (Osborne) born in Kidderminster I came across census for 1861 - 1891 showing a Mr Joseph Osborne trading as a confectioner at Court 24 Inge Street and 79 Hurst Street, so surprised to note that this was the area of the newly re-formed back-to-bacs which I visited...
  5. H

E. Camelinat & Co.

Help - I am looking for a picture/booklet/photo of Camelinat & Co, Sheet Metal Pressings, to add to my Family Tree History - my father having worked there in the late 1940's early 50's. Val
  6. H

SWEET SHOP - Forster Street

Hope I'm in correct place - My family - Osborne's/Hemmings - had a sweet shop in Forster Street - 1917 - 1949 - and wondered if anyone had a newspaper cutting/photographs of the street or shop - I think this is wishful thinking on my part? I never knew we were business people and into making a...
  7. H

Midland Railway Carriage & Wagon Co

Edit. Background. MRCW Co was established in 1853. By 1924 it was an associate company of Cammell, Laird and Co. In 1929 Vickers, after acquiring the shares of the Metropolitan Co, came together with Cammell, Laird and Co and each merged their rolling stock interests to form Metro Cammell. Then...
  8. H

HEATH STREET - Before and After

Probably looking for something impossible? - as former resident of Heath Street - Dudley Rd End I wondered if anyone would have any idea if I could obtain a newspaper cutting, photograph or the like of Heath Street before and then after demolition and also if possible to get a photograph of the...
  9. H

hemmings William

In February I asked for your help in tracing the birth of Adelaide Mary Veronica Hemmings having already obtained her marriage and death certs. She was married to my grandfather Albert James Osborne, have come to a complete DEAD END so thought I would go along the route of her father WILLIAM...
  10. H

Osborne family

I am seeking the marriages of the siblings of my grandfather Albert James Osborne who on the 1911 census lived with their parents George & Matilda Osborne at 197 Francis Street, Ashted, Birmingham. there is a George Henry Osborne aged 20, Arthur W aged 15, and Florence possibly with E as middle...
  11. H

CONFUSED - Electoral Roll Districts & Wards - Help

New to searching Family tree and have managed to print off electoral roll results for 1939, 1945, 1950, 1955 feeling very excited as I found relatives on them in Reservoir Road - but I have just noticed that 1939, 1945 show Polling Dist. 221 - Erdington Ward, then 1950, 1955 show Dist.220...
  12. H

Old Heath Street Lady

Have just started my family tree and came across this site by accident - its brill - I remember my Dad - John - also called Jack & Raymond Osborne working at an Engineering Company called CAMALENATS (spelt wrong I'm sure) does anyone remember this company and where abouts in Brum it was, would...
  13. H

Heath St - Dudley Road End

Have just found this site - wonderful - it brings back many memories. My family Jack (Raymond) and Florence (Flo) Osborne lived at - I think - 2/28 Heath Street and Granny at 2/26, approx 1950's. I left the area when 11 years of age, 12 years ago decided to visit and used the canal walk to...
Back