• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Phillips - Charles Harry, family

I'm trying to do my family tree, slightly going off track with my Great Grandmothers sister Rosina. Rosina (nee Hands) married a Charles Harry Phillips in 1895, he died in 1911 before the census. He was buried in Warstone Lane. If anyone can find anything out about these people it would be...
  2. J

Hands Edward / Emma Reddall

I have come across on a web site information about my Great Great Grandparents marriage information at All Saints Hockley 12th Feb 1871 Edwards Hands 31 carpenter, lived Little Kings Road, Father Thomas Hands, also carpenter. Emma Reddall 34 spinster, lived Well Street, Father John...
  3. J

Ryan Peter

Trying to trace a family tree for a friend, but he does not have much information. wonder if anyone can pull anything up with the information that he does have. He is basically trying to find into on his fathers side. His father is Peter Ryan, born 7th Septebmer 1923 in Tipperary Ireland...
  4. J

Cantell Edith E

I am helping to search my Uncle's family tree. And have been helped quite alot on here which I am very grateful for. I have found my Uncle's father's, sister and mother. His father was William James Cantell b1888, his sister Louisa was born in 1891. Born in Chertsey. On the 1911 census it...
  5. J

Moody/Marshall

Wondered if anyone can help me with this. Although they do not come from the Brum area I don't know how true this is, but it is a possibility that my Grand Mother Ivy Grace Moody born march 6th 1918. Had a child before she was married. But there is a problem with the surname. As he could...
  6. J

Nunn/Nicholas family

I have just recieved a photo of my Great Grandparents and would like if possible to find out more about their family. He was Charles Nunn, and he married Amelia Nicholas (Ely, Cambs area). He died in !940 I think December 16th. They had several children, my Grandfather being one, John Henry...
  7. J

Clarke family (Albert Ezekiel - Wilton Coaches

Does anyone one have any information on the above person? He is my Grand father. He married Ethel Winifred Allcock in 1931 and had a daughter Hazel, That marriage ended and I know that he remarried but I do not know who to. I know that he adopted his second wifes child a boy called Alan...
  8. J

Cantell family

Hi everyone, Trying to do a bit of detective work for my Uncle. His father was William James Cantell botn June 4th 1888, died 24th July 1957. He married Helen O'Grady & they had several childten. She died whilst I believe liiving in B-ham. He remarried Ethel Winifred Clarke (nee...
  9. J

Clarke Ezekiel and Maria Clarke nee Mason

Can anyone shed any light on how Maria Clarke nee Mason died. She died in 1903. Thankyou
  10. J

Moody Lawrence ??

Can anyone check to see if my Grand-mother had a child before she was married? His name is Lawrence and I presuming that his maiden name was Moody. My Grand mothers full name is Ivy Grace Moody and she was both 6th march 1918 thankyou
  11. J

Knight Sophia botn 1805

Any info on the following person pleased Sophia Knight born 1805 married George Clarke, born 1804 Thank you
  12. J

Flynn Thomas, Rosina Flynn (re Phillips maiden name Hands)

Can anyone tell me anything about these two people as regards to where they lived after 1939. They used to live at 27 Hunters Vale. Did they have any children, when did the die that sort of thing. Also anything on her niece Lillian Martha Reddall born 1898, she married Alfrerd John...
  13. J

Moody/Nunn

I hope you don't mind me placing this requesti on here, as these people I'm looking for are not from Birmingham. They are on my Dad's side of the family Cambridgeshire. But you have all been a big help I'd thought I'd ask. I'm looking for any information on an Ivy Grace Moody born 6th March...
  14. J

Hands Mary Ann marraige?

Were having problems trying to find out who a Grand-daugher belonged to in one of my family census. We have a feeling that this child could belong to my Great Grand Mother. Someone did suggest that she had been married in 1899 to a Reddall. But, I am thinking of going down the line of...
  15. J

CANTELL family

My Grandmother Ethel Winifred Cantell married a Wiliam James Cantell in June 1945. They had two children Kenneth William Cantell (born 24th Sept 1945) and Janet Diane Cantell (born 29th August 1947). William James Cantell from what I can find out was born on the 4th June 1888. Possibly in...
  16. J

marriage look up for me please.

Coiuld anyone please look up the following marriages for me please. Albert Ezekiel Clarke - Ethel Winifred Allcock. I think St Silas church about 1931 Ethel Winifred Allock - William James Cantell I think July 1945 Mary Ann Hands or could be Reddall to Alfred Allcock Thank you
  17. J

Reddell

I am looking for anything on Emma Reddall who married Edward Hands. They had to my knowledge just two children, Rosina and Mary Ann Hands (my Gt GrandMother) born 21st October 1877. She married Alfred Allcock I think Sept 1901. They had 7 or 8 childten. On the 1901 census there is a Lilian...
Back