• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Farm Street Hockley

Just noticed Hunter's Vale on there too. That is where some of my family lived the "Hands" family. 27 Hunter's vale.
  2. J

Farm Street Hockley

Thank you very much Mikejee for the street map. Would be interesting to find out more about 343 Farm Street or the "Clarke" family that owned the fish and chip shop. My Great Grand-parents.
  3. J

Farm Street Hockley

My late Mom was born at 343 Farm Street, Hockley. Which used to be her Grand parents "Ezekiel and Charlotte Clarke's" fish and chip shop. Her Father Albert Ezekiel Clarke was born in the same bedroom in 1907. Albert Ezekiel Clarke went on to own "Wilton Coaches" on Wilton Street Lozells. Does...
  4. J

Saltley Reformatory for boys

Thank you Linda, It may have also answered another queury on a Lillian Redhall who is on the 1901 census. We couldn't work out whose child she could have been, but if Emma if the right one, she could have died in childbirth. Would a death certificate help I wonder? Jennyann, I did find the...
  5. J

Saltley Reformatory for boys

Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can find out if one of my desedants were actually there.
  6. J

Phillips - Charles Harry, family

Re: Charles Harry Phillips grave Thanks everyone,
  7. J

Phillips - Charles Harry, family

I'm trying to do my family tree, slightly going off track with my Great Grandmothers sister Rosina. Rosina (nee Hands) married a Charles Harry Phillips in 1895, he died in 1911 before the census. He was buried in Warstone Lane. If anyone can find anything out about these people it would be...
  8. J

Warstone Lane Cemetery

I am looking to find any information on Charles Harry Phillips who died in 1911, he was buried in Warstone Lane Cemetry, he was married to Rosina Nee Hands, if anyone can find anything on these it would be appreciated.
  9. J

Key Hill Cemetery Memorial Inscriptions

Hi Brian, Thank you so much for planting the foxgloves on my Great Gran's grave. She loved all kind of flowers. Wow what a find Brian, my Mom did mention that there was something else on top but couldn't remember what. Doris (Wiliam's wife) had it put on. Thank you so much, you are a true...
  10. J

Hands Edward / Emma Reddall

I have come across on a web site information about my Great Great Grandparents marriage information at All Saints Hockley 12th Feb 1871 Edwards Hands 31 carpenter, lived Little Kings Road, Father Thomas Hands, also carpenter. Emma Reddall 34 spinster, lived Well Street, Father John...
  11. J

For Brian Sorry for not replying sooner, have had a rotten cold which has left me with migraine's with flashing lights!! Thank you so much for doing this great job of cleaning my Great Grandmothers resting place. I have shown the photo's to my Mom and she is over the moon with it. The only...
  12. J

Hi Brian, Sorry to hear your laid low with sinus, I know what that is like I get it around my eyes quite a bit. I have M.E too which does cause alot of sinus problems. Thank you in advance for going to clean the grave. The last time I was in Brum was when I was 11, when my Grandfather...
  13. J

Hi, Sorry not been on line sooner, come down with a rotten cold Thank you so much Brian for taking the time to go an take photo's of the graves yes Mary Ann Allcock was Hands before she married, the William Deathridge is her son her law. I have never seen the grave of my Great Grand Mother as...
  14. J

Hi Wendy, Could you do a look up for me for the following people. Mary Ann Hands died Jan 1955 and her husband Alfred Allcock dies approx 1945. Also my Great Aunt husband's William Deathridge. Thankyou
  15. J

Ryan Peter

Re: Long shot but can anyone help me! Hi thanks for the info, but this peter ryan is still alive.
  16. J

Ryan Peter

Trying to trace a family tree for a friend, but he does not have much information. wonder if anyone can pull anything up with the information that he does have. He is basically trying to find into on his fathers side. His father is Peter Ryan, born 7th Septebmer 1923 in Tipperary Ireland...
  17. J

Cantell Edith E

I am helping to search my Uncle's family tree. And have been helped quite alot on here which I am very grateful for. I have found my Uncle's father's, sister and mother. His father was William James Cantell b1888, his sister Louisa was born in 1891. Born in Chertsey. On the 1911 census it...
  18. J

Moody/Marshall

Wondered if anyone can help me with this. Although they do not come from the Brum area I don't know how true this is, but it is a possibility that my Grand Mother Ivy Grace Moody born march 6th 1918. Had a child before she was married. But there is a problem with the surname. As he could...
  19. J

Nunn/Nicholas family

Thank you both for your valued time and information. Julie x
  20. J

Nunn/Nicholas family

I have just recieved a photo of my Great Grandparents and would like if possible to find out more about their family. He was Charles Nunn, and he married Amelia Nicholas (Ely, Cambs area). He died in !940 I think December 16th. They had several children, my Grandfather being one, John Henry...
Back