• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. SILVERFINGERS

Needless Alley

Most interested in your memory of Mr Hughes. I used to collect stamps from Fyfe and Grey, a shop in Union St. I am not sure if it was Mr Fyfe or Grey, but he seemed to a twelve year old very old, he had a large moustache and was most annoyed when the shop door opened and stamps blew everywhere...
  2. SILVERFINGERS

Needless Alley

Hello, I read with great interest the threads of The West End Stamp Co, and the kind comments of your late Father. I replied to a member of my memories of the shop in Needless Alley. My memory of the shop was that a Mr. Heathcote Hughes, formerly working as a young man at the Stamp dealers Fyffe...
  3. SILVERFINGERS

Needless Alley

Mr Heathcote Hughes first worked at the stamp dealer Fyfe and Grey in Union St. When the door opened there was a mad scramble to keep stamps from blowing away.
Back