• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

Where did you live

I was born in love day street hospital 1942 lived in Solihull lane hall green till 1959 went to pitmaston road school
  2. A

Farm Street Hockley

Susan j Benton was my dad's mother Alfred Richard Benton twin sister Winnie older sister cissie and brother HaroldHarold
  3. A

Paxton Road

hi my grandmother Susan Benton lived in Paxton road with her two daughters Winnie Davies nee Benton and cissie Hines nee Benton Winnie children were Phyllis's Rita and son Alfie you may know them
  4. A

h.c.smith rea street

I worked in the accounts office started as a junior filing had to go round all the warehouse giving back the slips of the end of the invoices very shy in those days the lads used to play you up miss crump was my boss very strict Mrs Stuart was my my leader in the accounts only ember the names...
  5. A

Farm Street Hockley

thanks very much this is something i did not know about
  6. A

phillips

hi shera thanks for your reply i have a electrol roll given to me from forum some time back at this address john and sarah phillips maiden name hobday at sunningdale road with annie hobday my mother emma hobday william hobday and george hobday nellie hobday would be my mothers brother and...
  7. A

phillips

i am looking for any children for sarah and john phillips who lived in 34 sunningdale road from 1935-1955
  8. A

Farm Street Hockley

Re: farm stret hi john sorry i confused u both pease
  9. A

Farm Street Hockley

look up please george and susan benton 2/275 farm street hockley birmingham
  10. A

h.c.smith rea street

this was my first job from school i was there for about three years yes i remember the slaughter house and the awfull smell when us girls walked past at a luch time the lads used to through the full bladders at us the stood there covered in blood
  11. A

h.c.smith rea street

does anyone remembern h.c.smiths warehouse in rea street brimingham or worked there in the offices 1957 onwards
  12. A

Pitmaston Road School, Hall Green

anyone went to pitmaston road school hall green seniour girls from 1947 ..1957
  13. A

paxton road hockley lodge hill

hi just got your message so sorry to hear rita has passed away i lost her address and new she lived in witton lodge road i would love to see and photos u have saddley i never met aunt cissi,s husband i dont go on forum much now but would love to keep in touch i live in polesworth tamworth if...
  14. A

hi graham thanks for your info the bentons are my fathers side winnie davies was my dads twin m mother died when i was 7 and i only remember my grandmotheras very old and ill i never new cissies husband and winnie had two daughters phylis and rita my sister was phylis's bridesmaid i think...
  15. A

Phillips George & Nellie

:)i am looking for anyone related to goerge w phillips or nellie philips there mothers name sarah phillips nee hobday father john phillips last known residence 34 sunningdale road tyseley birmingham 1935 till 1955 i am ann hughes y mothers maiden name was hobday and emma was her sister
  16. A

thanks ernie but i would not know anyone in paxton road i would be to young only my rellations on my dads side interesting to know the name of the school i wonder if it would have been my dads school might not he was born in 1903 and as yet dont know how old he would be when he lived in that...
  17. A

hi adrian its a while ago that i was asking about paxton road i was a youngster my grandmother lived there and my dad sisters winnie davies nee benton husband jimmy cissie hines and winnies daughter rita davies lived in the house across from them i remember walking up a narrow entry to get to...
  18. A

sunningdale road

thanks len ican see i will have to see sarah and john marriage certificate can i view this as a full certificate without having to buy it i have a few but it becomes expensive ann
  19. A

sunningdale road

hi i was hoping it was going to be tyseley but i think that is quite near to acocks green thank very much ann
  20. A

sunningdale road

dose anyone know what district was or is sunningdayl road 1935 onwards ann hughes
Back