• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. John Ravenscroft

Sheldon

I went to Lyndon Green Primary School. One of my earliest memories is standing in the playground, looking up into a foxglove that was much bigger than me as a bee buzzed from flower to flower. Funny the things that stick in your mind. We moved away from Sheldon when I was eight to a grotty part...
  2. John Ravenscroft

Sheldon

Hi, Bookworm. I guess the flats my family lived in were part of the post war development you mentioned. The Sheldon cinema was my first experience of big screen entertainment. Captain Video movies at the Saturday matinee. I remember asking my sister what the cinema was like before my first...
  3. John Ravenscroft

Sheldon

Tut. Typing on my phone and hit send by mistake. Will continue when I get back to my laptop.
  4. John Ravenscroft

Sheldon

Hi, Bookworm. I guess the flats my family lived in were part of the post war development you ment
  5. John Ravenscroft

Sheldon

Just stumbled across this post - and this forum. I lived in Brays Road from 1954 to 1962. First 8 years of my life. I remember The Baggies, the rope swing, Singleton's shop etc. Major nostalgia.
Back