• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Day's Crystal Palace Concert Hall

Hello Toecaps. Thank you for the uploads. I find them really interesting though my Greatgrandmother was there before that time...up to 1877., when she left after having my Grandfather, illegitimately. She worked as a Ballet Girl.
  2. S

Day's Crystal Palace Concert Hall

I wonder if anyone knows anything about Day's Crystal Palace Concert Hall which was on the corner of Smallbrook Street and Hurst Street? It closed in 1893 and became The Empire Theatre. I believe that my GreatGrandMother, Stella Evans, danced there and I am writing a novel about her life. I...
  3. S

Cheese it or I'll punch your onion!

My Grandad, thoroughly Brummie Brummie used to say this, meaning Shut up! Anyone else heard this or was he just odd?
Back