• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

T.D.Cross & Sons Ltd

I recently found out that my Father worked at T D Cross and sons ltd between 1935 and 1947 and would like to know more about the place, what they made and the type of work done there, all I know is that it was in Vesey Street and made cycles. So does anyone know anything at all, especially what...
  2. L

Warley Woods Methodist Church (the original)

Hello everyone, I wonder if there is anyone out there that remembers the original Warley Woods Methodist Church in Bearwood, it used to be my local church and I have very fond memories of it, however I know very little about its history and would love to know when it was built and any other...
  3. L

Kynoch Works Witton Explosion 1870

This famous explosion was on 17th November 1870, and I believe one of my distant relatives was killed in it, either this one or the one at Ludlow and Co on 9th December 1870. Does anyone have any further information on these events, and does anyone know if there was a list of casuaties...
  4. L

Asylum Road

Please please can anyone help, I have an address for a ancestor dating back to 1878 stating that he lived in Asylum Road, I know that it no longer exists, but what happened to it? was it completely destroyed or did it only suffer a name change?. I know that it ran off Summer Lane, it is also...
Back