• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

Drinkwater Park Road Aston

Thank you that’s really helpful. Am new to this appreciate the information.
  2. L

Wow thank you so much for the information, that all fits in with what I know so far and remember. I wondered if Bill had fought in the war. I remember him sitting on a upright chair and never seeming too well. He always used to say “Put wood in hole!” if I left the door open! I understand he...
  3. L

My paternal grandparents lived in Park Road Aston at Dr Grayson‘s surgery. Their surname was Drinkwater, Bill and Winnie and their daughter and husband also shared the house living upstairs, Gladys and Leslie Budd. My grandparents also had two sons Jim and Ron my father. I am not sure if my...
  4. L

Hudson's book shops

Absolutely agree re the quality shops! I worked at Birmingham Library in the 70’s and Hudsons supplied the majority of books for the library. Each week they would send a list which I would check against our stock. The books would be sent for a weekly book display and librarians would come and...
  5. L

Grove Lane, Harborne

I used to love the walk up Grove Lane to St Peter’s school. The convent was beautiful. The nuns let me in one day to pick conkers. I started St Peter’s in 1961 and lived in Quinton Road, Poole Crescent was a short distance away I used to play with Carol Stamps. The Kenricks was great before it...
Back