• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. wilkesworld

Book: Summer Lane & Newtown of the years 1918-38 by Mannion

Hi Lyn I found this, which I don't know if you have seen it. Not sure where best to post it.
  2. wilkesworld

Book: Summer Lane & Newtown of the years 1918-38 by Mannion

Sadly, John, a week ago, I sold my copy and the accompanying Pubs book. Sold both for £145.00, so be aware everybody that still has a copy, these are valuable books.
  3. wilkesworld

A Walk Down Summer Lane by John Douglas

Indeed you should Lyn !!
  4. wilkesworld

SOLD I have been in the Antique trade for almost 40 years, The price of something is never the appraisal value or to be found in a price book. As a seller, I can only ask for something which I consider fair and something I will not lose money on. availability x desirability x condition = asking...
  5. wilkesworld

Scams: telephone, email, texts 2023, 2024

Rule of thumb : If you get a phone call and you don't know the number .... don't answer it ! If you get an email and there is a link to click on..... delete it.
  6. wilkesworld

The Sequel (Publisher ‏ : ‎ Second City Publishers (3 Sept. 1979) Amazon £15. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Lane-John-Douglas/dp/0906816009
  7. wilkesworld

Midland Cattle Products

I am a Midland Cattle Product. My Grandmother was Selena Cattle of St. Georges St (lol)
  8. wilkesworld

In another couple of years and it will be fetching £120+ I reckon. Availability x Desirability x Condition = Value Paperback is around £18 I would say.
  9. wilkesworld

I have a copy I would sell. 1st with dust jacket which has one closed tear. Photos attached. I could list on eBay but feel the members here deserve 1st "dibs". I would have to ask £80.00 +£4.00 postage I know that is quite a lot but I paid a lot years ago. It is scarce. The best price I could...
  10. wilkesworld

Royal Warwickshire Regiment - Lebisey Normandy Memorial

Sadly though I went to the cemetery in Bayeux I was unaware of the War Museum so missed it. Next time hopefully !
  11. wilkesworld

This is where THE WARWICKS landed on D-Day. Sword Beach.
  12. wilkesworld

Lebistry Wood Normandy Memorial to the Royal Warwickshires. Four Descendants of the fall were there for the inauguration (June 7th 2022)
  13. wilkesworld

How to I find old street maps?

This is St Georges St early 30s This is No4 Trafalgar Square where my dad lived. As you can see it was expanded from the pre-1900 map. PS- The Baths Building and the Co-Op yard are the only thing remaining on this map'
  14. wilkesworld

How to I find old street maps?

Sorry, Mike wrote this before I realized you were replying to Linda4smith. Many thanks for your helpful and comprehensive information. I have done a bit of search and have narrowed it down to being on the spot where the Hockley Social Club is now. Though listed as 60 Hampton St, Birmingham B19...
  15. wilkesworld

Prince of Wales Summer Lane

So it seems the token must be before 1884 mikejee !
  16. wilkesworld

Listed as "already closed" by 1930 page 84 : There were at least three pubs that went by the name The Prince of Wales, one was in Summer Lane, just a few doors away from The Vine. It was only a small pub and a man named Whittaker is remembered as the last licencee, before it was closed down.
  17. wilkesworld

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255502697978?hash=item3b7d25c5fa:g:R10AAOSw~i1iQtGs
Back