• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. K

The Birmingham Mail 100 heroes of WW1

Sergeant Walter Russell 2nd Batt South Staffs Last year 2014 The Birmingham Mail published a monthly series featuring individual WW1 stories culminating in a front page of 100 heroes. Sadly we missed the issue with my Grandfathers story printed in it ! I am hoping that one of the forums members...
  2. K

Bishops Avenue, Bishopsgate Street.

Does anyone have any memories or photographs of Bishops Avenue, Bishopsgate Street. I have only seen one photo of Number 5 Court which I believe is Bishops Avenue. I was born there and my Mom and her family , The Russells and The Rounds, were brought up across the road in back to backs. Me and...
Back