• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. K

The Birmingham Mail 100 heroes of WW1

Sergeant Walter Russell 2nd Batt South Staffs Last year 2014 The Birmingham Mail published a monthly series featuring individual WW1 stories culminating in a front page of 100 heroes. Sadly we missed the issue with my Grandfathers story printed in it ! I am hoping that one of the forums members...
  2. K

Goodchild Hardware dealer 13 Sun Street 1926

Following the links from 'Sun Street' I came across your post. In 1901 my Great Grandmother Isobella Round lived at 13 Sun St with her husband John and children including my Grandmother who was born there. At some point number 13 was a Fish 'n' Chip shop run by my Great Grandmother...
  3. K

Bishops Avenue, Bishopsgate Street.

Does anyone have any memories or photographs of Bishops Avenue, Bishopsgate Street. I have only seen one photo of Number 5 Court which I believe is Bishops Avenue. I was born there and my Mom and her family , The Russells and The Rounds, were brought up across the road in back to backs. Me and...
  4. K

Bishopsgate Street

It was Coronation Day when my father, Bert Kelsall, sat me on the bar in the Kings Arms and gave me a banana. Then back into Bishops Avenue to watch the ceremony on a 9inch telly ! I was born in Bishops Avenue, No7, just after the war. My Great Grandma Round who previously lived there would tell...
Back