• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. BrianE

Cannon Hill Park

Model of Elan Valley in Cannon Hill Park 1964 Edgbaston Road in background. I now live in Australia so have no idea if this is still there or whether it has long since gone.
  2. BrianE

Cannon Hill Park

Tulip festival 1962 plus some pics from 1964 I cycled through the park on my way to work in Selley Park
  3. BrianE

Cannon Hill Park

My grandfather Alban Timms was a member of the Sons of Rest which met in Cannon Hill Park he died in December 1953 He would walk from his home at 149 Trafalgar Road Moseley
  4. BrianE

Cox Street West - Balsall Heath

The above triangle of streets Upper Cox Street, Balsall Heath Road and Cox Street West contains a lot of my family history. My mother Rosina Essery nee Timms and my Grandparents Alban and Rosina Timms nee Kingham lived in this area. My mother b1910, her sisters Elsie b1903, Hilda b1905 and Kate...
  5. BrianE

Paddington Street Aston

M
  6. BrianE

Paddington Street Aston

Marriage certificate Alban Timms and Rosina Kingham 1899
  7. BrianE

Paddington Street Aston

My infant Aunt Florence Rose Timms born on 5th October 1899 to my Grandparents Alban and Rosina Timms who were married at the Register Office on 16 September 1899, that's right just 20 days after their marriage. I suspected something like this but until now was unable to confirm it, my...
  8. BrianE

Cox Street West - Balsall Heath

Thank so very very much Lyn and Mike for the awesome street plan of Cox Street West and Upper Cox Street. There are several locations that are pertinent to my family here so I will add what I know to this thread. Brian
  9. BrianE

Paddington Street Aston

Birth and Death Certificates
  10. BrianE

Paddington Street Aston

Hi Lyn, My infant Aunt Florence Rose Timms was born 1 back of 1 Mansfield Road, Aston on 5th October 1899 and she died on 29th March 1900 at Back of 12 Paddington Street of Broncho-Pneumonia Syncope. I think Mansfield Road is close to Vila Road where you moved to.
  11. BrianE

Paddington Street Aston

We all have many if only thoughts
  12. BrianE

Paddington Street Aston

Lovely photos of your parents, who is the lad looking on at the side? Lots of bushes in the garden. Brian
  13. BrianE

Paddington Street Aston

Super photo of your Dad with your Nan Presious, I live in Australia but was born in Sparkhill, I visited my Timms grandparents grave in Brandwood End when we came over in 2010 and that is the photo I took at that time. When I was a boy, I used to go with my father to tend the grave. I have...
  14. BrianE

Paddington Street Aston

The burial record of Florence Rose Timms at Witton Cemetery 1900 bottom of page first 5th line up. Top of page next.
  15. BrianE

Paddington Street Aston

Awesome photos Lyn thanks for posting
  16. BrianE

Paddington Street Aston

I would love to see a photo of the little garden Brian
  17. BrianE

Paddington Street Aston

I tried to upload the file but is told me it was too large.
  18. BrianE

Paddington Street Aston

Hi Lyn, Thanks so much for all you have put up on Paddington Street. I have just discovered that my grandparents Alban and Rosina Timms lived back of No12 in 1900, when they were first married. Their first child of 5 months died there in March 1900 according to the Witton cemetery record. Her...
Back