• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. G

WINN family.. Charles Winn

Hi Sarah... only received the one you sent on this B.hamHistoryForum site 11.54... nothing on Ancestry at the moment. Georgie
  2. G

WINN family.. Charles Winn

Hello Sarah T. Just picked up your message. As you can see I posted the message in 2007 !! My grandfather was Albert George WINN the brother of Charles Harris WINN. There was a sister called Evelyn Harris Winn (married name Averill) and I believe she had a Winn family bible... I have...
  3. G

Legge Street

Hi Kate.. I have just typed in on Google search: 1925 photo of Gosta Green... and it came up with the photo that I have. It is looking at the whole of Gosta Green and in the back ground is Legge St//The Library with Fountain//Aston Road. Also Postie has posted on March 18, 2006 another...
  4. G

Legge Street

Hi Kate... I know that this is not a Photo of Legge Street but can you find a photo that Vivienne 14 posted May 9, 2021 on this site under History and Nostalgia.. Neighbours and Streets. Page 3.. she has put a 1934 photo of Gosta Green on.. The Old Peacock Pub is on the left.. if you can...
  5. G

Legge Street

Hello Kate.... mine is the same photo as Postie has put on the site. I found a photo of the Old Fountain which stood on the corner by the Library, it was in a book not sure if I can find it on-line. I will try for you. The Library was right behind it and on the right of the Library was...
  6. G

Legge Street

7. G

Cottage Row, Small Heath, Birmingham

Has anyone heard of COTTAGE ROW, SMALL HEATH. I cannot find on any of my oldish A-Z maps of Birmingham. Address was given on a Birth Certificate in 1842. Thanks.. GeorgieG
  8. G

Wills - Download From Gov.uk

You can read all about obtaining a WILL https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate or read all about it on: https://blog.eogn.com/2014/12/27/millions-of-wills-from-england-and-wales-available-online/ Hope this helps... Georgie
  9. G

I ordered on-line 27th December 2014 and received 8th January.. and I had an e-mail notification... I expect you have already checked your Spam. How frustrating. I was watching my "in box" every day. So frustrating that I could not open... I sent them an e-mail and re-checked and...
  10. G

I finally got to read the Will. There was an error and it was not activated to download. Just my luck! When the Will is going to be taken off the site "they" will e-mail you to make sure that you have saved it to your computer etc. Georgie
  11. G

Yes thanks.... I have checked Downloads. I attempted another download this evening and it did send me a message to say that there was an error and that it has been reported. Fingers crossed I can access soon. So frustrating!! Thank you. George
  12. G

COPY OF A WILL download service. Has anyone used the GOV.UK Find a Will service which was available in December 2014? I decided to use this service and duly paid my 10 pounds fee and was told I would receive an e-mail that the DOWNLOAD would be available in approx. 10 days. I have...
  13. G

Birmingham Trams

Hi Lloyd... in the Tram photo "The Muckman" was the Erdington Arms Thread Birmingham Trams #575 If that is Gravelly Hill that the tram car is coming down... is that The Tyburn Road off to the right? Do you know where the trams going along The Tyburn Road went to? Terminus? Did they...
  14. G

Birmingham Trams

Please can anyone help me? My uncle told me that his grandfather (my Great Grandfather) used to walk from the trams to his Aunts farm in Middleton. I have recently tracked down the OWEN family to the farm - ALLEN END FARM in Middleton which is not far from WALMLEY, Sutton Coldfield. This...
  15. G

Aston Tavern, Aston Hall Road

Hello Michelle... just sent a message to Astoness regarding ASTON TAVERN.. because I would like to copy the very old photograph she has of the Tavern. My 2 x Gt. Grandfather was Thomas Owen who was landlord 1863-1870... I have always know about the Owen family connection with the Aston...
  16. G

Aston Tavern, Aston Hall Road

Happy Birthday Astoness I have just started back on my OWEN family research and have been trying for ages to find out more information on the ASTON TAVERN. My 2 x Gt Grandfather THOMAS OWEN was Landlord there. I see that Mikejee has information on the Landlords. Thomas Owen 1863 -...
  17. G

Josiah Mason's Orphanage

https://www.childrenscottagehomes.org.uk/bookshop.html My friend has just sent me the above website regarding Former Childrens Homes.. which I said I would post on the Birmingham History site.. we both went to Yenton Primary School, Orphanage Road, Erdington which had Sir Josiah...
  18. G

Wartime Yardley

My school friend lived at No 61 Patrick Road.. I can remember looking through her photo albums... probably belonged to her parents... I can remember seeing a similar photograph to this. Sadly my friend died a few years ago. Georgie.
  19. G

Sheep st, Gem st and Buck st.

Pitman's College had their last school photograph taken on the flat roof of Kyrle Hall in 1959 just before I started school at Pitman's in Corporation Street. My sister is on the photograph as she was 2 years ahead of me. I certainly went to gym there probably up to 1961.... Pitman's had...
  20. G

AB MOORE & SON LTD Pub Table

Re: Gaskell and Chambers I have an old pub table too. Can you tell me where you found the name please? I searched the internet (just put in the name of the company) and it came up with this auction in America. O'Gallerie May 2, 3, 4 Furniture and Decorative Arts Auction (post-auction...
Back