• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Michael_Ingram

Back to Back addresses

14 families in the court behind my home - courts could be quite large
  2. Michael_Ingram

THINKING OF SOSPIRI (maurice)

Thinking of you Maurice
  3. Michael_Ingram

computer help

The apps might not have gone, their links may just have disappeared of the desktop, etc.,
  4. Michael_Ingram

Grammar schools and comprehensives in Birmingham in the 50s and 60s.

I went to Birmingham Art School with Rodney Bedall, we remained good friends, living in London. Rodney now lives in Amsterdam after a successful acting career
  5. Michael_Ingram

My Lozells Family, ordinary lives, extraordinary people

Arrived today. I am 3/4 of the way through; a great read. I went to Burbury Street School and lived in Guildford Street. There was a pawn shop on the corner of Guildford Street which had a regular queue on Monday morning. My sister worked at Lucas, including during the war. Down the road from...
  6. Michael_Ingram

ITS SOSPIRI'S ( MAURICE) BIRTHDAY TODAY

Happy Birthday Maurice, all the best
  7. Michael_Ingram

Radio

The Archers kicked out Dick Barton - can't forgive that
  8. Michael_Ingram

69 Bus Route

My dad drove the 69 in the 40s and 50s
  9. Michael_Ingram

Burbury street school

I was there something like 45 to 50 so we,probably overlapped
  10. Michael_Ingram

Lichfield Street, Birmingham

The only photos that I have of Lichfield Street are on this thread. A lot of the information given should be quite useful. This link might help https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/birmingham-workhouse-peter-walker.47028/#post-713513
  11. Michael_Ingram

You just said that you have hovered your cursor over the icons????? This is an example of one (it is no good clicking over this one here though as it is only an example)
  12. Michael_Ingram

The image icons
  13. Michael_Ingram

Have you clicked on them?
  14. Michael_Ingram

Handsworth Grammar School 1950--1960

There is an old boys Facebook page9
  15. Michael_Ingram

Write it down

My mom died in her mid 80s and had Alzheimers. In her last good years I lived in London, she still lived in Birmingham of course. During that time when I came home to visit her I can only describe what I did was interrogate her about her life. I learned a lot about her and my family. Even so...
  16. Michael_Ingram

Guildford Street Lozells

I went to that barbers up till about 1952 but can't remember the outside, just remember the inside. I then went to a barbers near my school in Grove Lane in Handsworth. Didn't think much of them - didn't do short back and sides as good as in Guildford Street. The last 'barbers' I went to was a...
  17. Michael_Ingram

Lennox Street

Sorry made a mistake with you gender and it was Latimer Road not Ladbrooke Grove (long time ago). I didn't.t know about the hairdressers or the Erdington Shop (I had a friend from school who had his own butchers business in Slade Road, Erdington. The other shop that Gordon Bull had when I knew...
  18. Michael_Ingram

Lennox Street

Amazing - Wally's son! He was a lovely bloke. Me and a school friend stayed at Wally's mothers house for a holiday in the 50s in Ladbrooke Grove in Nottinghill, London. I left Bulls when I was about 19 and only saw Bert and Wally about once after that as me and my mom moved to West Heath after...
  19. Michael_Ingram

Bevington Road Aston

My Grandmother and second husband lived in Bevington Road jus before WW2 and after the war my brother lived there from the 1950s to about the late 70s. There were family friends who lived there for many years and then I thinks they moved to Australia. I stayed there with my brother and his...
  20. Michael_Ingram

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

That would narrow it down to Aston, Edgbaston, Erdington, Moseley and Kings Heath, Northfield, Perry Barr, Yardley. Could be the Aston, the one running from Aston Church near the park to Lichfield Road or perhaps Aston Church Road near by running from Nechells Park Road to Washwood Heath Road
Back