• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

Boars Head Inn

Thanks for that,.I had many a good night there, and a few lock ins..shame its not a pub anymore
  2. D

Boars Head Inn

I used to drink there in the mid 80s, great pub, and I remember some of the trouble.. Remember 2 of the bar staff, Martin and carmelo I think...was Aden the previous manager
  3. D

The Jewellery Quarter

Hi Mark would you have any photos or info on 19 vyse street, I'm there now and I know previously it was warstone wholesale and before that, in the 80s it was L & V jewellery. Kind regards, Darren Moore
  4. D

The Jewellery Quarter

Some great photos here. My dad, George Moore, gem setter has worked all his life on vyse street, firsty at CPS ,then self employed at 92 vyse street ,above dearn and Williams. Then he moved to 37 vyse street when I joined him in 1983 at 15 years old..we then moved to 19 vyse street and still...
  5. D

History of Vyse Street

Hi, I used to work with my dad ,George Moore, diamond setter ,37 vyse street and we used to use the car park and it is behind the bill boards. We was charged £5 for 2 cars and was collected by a chap called Dennis for the morralls..this was from around 1983. Darren Moore
Back