• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

Erdington Open Air School

I WENT THERE IN 1966
  2. D

Cyclo Gear, Aston-who didn't work there?!

My father was the tool setter and Forman at cyclo gerar Aston
  3. D

Gravelly Hill - Slade Road / The Slade

M my dad used to go to the big pub on Chester road, then after he would go to the greyhound, the comics were DC Comics, superman and batman etc, he used to go to leister to collect them from the distributor
  4. D

did you see the video of noele gordon driving down slade road, and the old cinema next to the brookvale pub, my dad used to sell his comics there too 3 for a bob . i recall we rented the cafe near the bridge, never had much custom but it was fun for a while
  5. D

i was sent to the abbey and then stockland green then i got a job at the albany hotel in brum, if you look at the video thats me opening the car door lol https://www.macearchive.org/films/midlands-news-22051968-britains-baby-year-contest
  6. D

have you seen the video where the ATV interviewed children at slade road school
  7. D

Lupin Street, Aston

The lady bottom left is Alberts sister Floss, and the guy with mustache next to Albert Wellings is Alfred my dads brother. next to the little girl with glasses on right is Winnie Alfreds wife with June his daughter, next to her looks like Millie , Arthurs wife, I think Millie committed suicide...
  8. D

Lupin Street, Aston

I dont think my mom and dad were invited to this party, they were never invited to any parties at all, they were always left out
  9. D

Duffy,Werrett,Talbot,Theay,Kane,Barett,Walker

i thought she was my dads mother was a talbot my mistake
  10. D

YOU SEEM TO HAVE GOT IT RIGHT, thanks
  11. D

i recall i had an aunt named lilly swallow, she was my dads sister albert smallwood
  12. D

there was also a lilly SWALLOW
  13. D

Old tram routes in birmingham

film by wilf watters, i have some tram film of the last tram 1953 FRANK BISSELL was the driver
  14. D

The Abbey St Thomas's Grammar/secondary Erdington

i will do another video without the music soon, thanks
  15. D

maybe you could be right as i never met any other relatives dad had a sister who married albert wellings i think there were two lillys one live in duddeston or maybe she married a talbot
  16. D

i was born after they moved to short hearth road
  17. D

and lily talbot lived near the saltley sheds in duddeston
  18. D

only LILLY TALBOT WAS MARRIED TO MY DAD
  19. D

The Abbey St Thomas's Grammar/secondary Erdington

Thanks i attended there from about 1956 i recall the headmistress SISTER CUTHBERT others teachers, MISS TARPY, MISS CORRIGAN, KILLMARTIN, or killer martin
Back